Pages

November 09, 2011

Unsolved Mutant Mystery




No, I am not obsessed with bugs...I am not really a fan at all, yet, they seem to find me. All.The.Time.

AND this guy, well he was too cool to ignore. 
And by cool, I mean totally freakishly weird.


Not sure WHAT he is. I asked him several times: please identify, please identify.... 
 he ignored me.
See those big buggy eyes on the top of his head? The better to see you with my dear. 

He could be a leaf bug? A praying mantis? A mutant praying-leaf-lobster bug?

His undercarriage is red and his back side is green. Just in time for Christmas.



 He hung around this spot for a few hours, I think he might have been interested in me as well. 
But he did not have a camera...and hopefully he does not have a blog.  

After I came back into the house, I had the distinct feeling that a weird long legged, big eyed bug was in my hair and slowing crawling down my neck. 
Oh, I'm getting that feeling again now. 
You too? My bad.

That is all I have to share today. Carry on. 
xoxo







14 comments:

  1. My first thought was praying mantis, but I've never seen a mutant mantis like that before. Just what exactly is going on in your garden?? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Was it crying out: "Help me, Help me"?
    m.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You need to call Bug-Busters!

    ReplyDelete
  4. As long as it remains on the outside of the screen, you're fine. But watch your back.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Little mutant hankiepankie going on in your yard huh? I think it's a misguided praying mantis thinking it's still Halloween time:) btw, I love Marks Vincent Pricey kinda answer...mwahahahaa

    ReplyDelete
  6. EH!!!!
    Thanks a lot, Suz. I got the feelin'.
    Hehe abt the bug having a blog.

    Happy Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Suz, I'm not much of a bug person... In fact, I can feel him on me right now!!!!!! ha ha

    BUT---as far as bugs go, that is a 'purdy' one!!!!!

    Now----go get him out of your hair... Okay?
    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  8. You just have too many admirers. This one is pretty strange, however.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bugs, bugs, bugs! I think he is a praying mantis dressed up for a really fancy party--he's decked out in his bling!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That thing is too big to be a bug. Eeek!

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG, OMG! What's that on your leg? Don't move!

    Ahhhh....just kiddin'

    ReplyDelete
  12. He IS a bug. He's from homeland security and he's actually a camera and a mic all in one. He crawls about your property and then sends intel back to H.Q.
    They are watching you Suz!
    :-))

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am sooo not loving those Florida bugs. Yeck! And you totally made me feel like one was crawling on me. How'd you DO that?

    ReplyDelete

You read it, now share your thoughts.