Pages

November 21, 2011

I've caught the bug.

Well, not really that one. 
But I did catch him....feasting on my tomato plants.  I cussed him OUT big time. Right.in.front.of.the.dogs. 

And then I found this one IN the house...he was casually trotting down the hall, like he owns the place.
I cussed at him too. 

I am going to h*ll in a handbasket. A fashionable handbasket. 



I've got the fall, thanksgiving, spray painting bug.

Before:
 
I found these wooden pumpkins in the clearance section. I already had the orange plastic one. 



After

Metallic spray paint and (gasp) glitter. 

Usually I avoid glitter like I avoid Chinese buffets, but I gave in. Most likely, I will be ready for more glitter in a few hours. You know how that goes. 



I don't know where we will put the food. 



My best behaved child.  


Just because I put out a welcome sign, does not really mean: WELCOME. 
To really be welcome here, you have to get through security. Or hop the electrical fence. 

Unless it is YOU. I don't like it when people just walk up to your door all willy nilly thinking they are welcome. 
Unless you are in fact invited.

Did I tell you that YOU were invited?? You are. 

Those Saturday people who want to share their wonderful life with me, well, they Are NOT welcome. 
I don't go to your house telling you have fabulous MY life is. DO I???



Fall finally arrived in Florida.
That is, if falling leaves mean fall has arrived.

It is currently 83 degrees. 

Bah hummbug. 

We have cranked the thermostat down to 73...trying to fake fall and to keep Florida Power and Light in business. 
Thats me, always giving. 


And thanks to my sweet friend Jamie for making my new header for me!!!!

If we don't talk between now and Thursday, have a beautiful Thanksgiving!!!

XOXOXOXOOXOXOX




23 comments:

  1. At least you still have tomato plants that can be attacked by bugs. There all ripped out and gone here...
    Never mind the food, where's my chair? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That second bug looks like he's on the attack. I wouldn't fu(I mean) mess with him.
    And I'm glad that even though you're in the land of heat and sun, you're still gettin all Pilgrimy with your tablescape. You go girl!
    m.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love the new header. So cute! That bug was really haughty as he traversed your home, wouldn't you say? I'm offended by his attitude.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your sparkly pumpkins. Snazzy out the wazoo.

    Wishing you a joyful Thanksgiving. To you and all of your bees.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh, I LOVE the new header!!

    I do NOT love the bugs.

    I DO love you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the header! Love the pumpkins too. Hope you guys have a fabulous Thanksgiving. Apparently that bug thought he was welcome! Love to everyone and smooches from Harriet!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That second thing looks like he is giving you the finger....well, his only finger but the finger nontheless:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. And Happy Thanksgiving to you and the whole family.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your table looks positively lovely!!! I sure would love to visit since I am invited - - - but my daughter's invitation came first - - - and I really like her a LOT so guess we will head for the mountains of Copperhill, TN on Thursday.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the pumpkins. I thought it got warm here today--75. And I thought it was going to be cold today.

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE the pumpkins!! And I adore your table! I am actually putting all 4 kids at a different table this year so our main dining table can be missing two chairs (and two people), thus leaving room for additional Thanksgiving decor.
    Or food.
    Hmmph! ;)

    Glad you like your header!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm a HUGE fan of the metallic/glitter pumpkins!!!! I may have you create some for me next fall. I'm not much on creating on my own. Can't be trusted. Nope. Really. Can't,

    Your new header is FABULOUS! One of my faves. Actually, in the spirit of Thanksgiving, let me tell you that you, your friendship and your humor are some of the things for which I am thankful this year. It's not been the greatest year of my life...but you've made my mornings continually fun. So, thank you!

    Happy Thanksgiving to you and that fabulous entourage, Suz!

    ReplyDelete
  13. 83 degreeeeeeeeees................. wow :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like all of these kinds of bugs!

    And it looks like your fall is really brutal. I hope you're prepared for winter!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, the things I miss when road tripping! I come back and you're all foofied up and I think I'm lost....But I know I'm not cause it's still the fun lovin' quirky you in all your silliness that I love so much:) Now I'll go see WHAT ELSE I MISSED!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm glad that was the bug--I was thinking you were sick and that would NOT be something to be thankful for!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Stopped by to wish you a very Happy and fullfilling Thanksgiving

    ReplyDelete
  18. Just a regular Suzy Homemaker, huh? :D
    Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I like your new header...very cool. I get envious of your weather right about now..ha..I really dislike when it gets cold here. But today and tomorrow are supposed to be perfect. And our fall looks a little bit like yours...for now. We don't get color...just messy leaves.

    Happy Turkey Day! Hugs and love, sweet friend! : )

    ReplyDelete
  20. You are really deterring me from coming over for Thanksgiving with all of your grody bug pics. Good thing I like your fall decorations! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Sparkle! Pumpkins! Bring it on, girl!

    You okay?

    Hope your just having a nice long Thanksgiving weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  22. bugs? ICK! glitter? YOU? wow... i am impressed. you went all out! i loved jogging along with you in this post :) and we, too, had the air cranked down. maybe lower than 73. gasp! xoxo

    (fyi... bought my sombrero today. it was the ONLY ONE left!!!)

    ReplyDelete

You read it, now share your thoughts.