Pages

January 24, 2019

Only deluxe for my pups

Recently I figured out that Callie enjoys a pillow on her dog bed; I found an old one in the closet and voilà----it was hers. Don't ask how I knew she wanted a pillow, but you know, we ummmm we communicate. 

Then a few weeks later my thoughftul friend Kelly sent a note and told me she was giving our girls a dog body pillow; a friend of hers made some for her pup and she gifted one to our Callie and Cocoa.

I knew when this big baby arrived, Callie would love it.

It's got (I think) rice in the ends to weigh it down a bit so it stays put. 


Callie was a fan in the first few minutes of it being in place. She gave it a great review on Yelp. 

And of course the Cocoa bean loves it as well. They are good at taking turns in the bed....who ever gets there first gets it. "Shotgun"!!!

I don't recall if I shared, but Cocoa spent Thanksgiving in the hosptial being treated for pancreatitis. While there, they found that she (possibly) has some growths near her pancreas. We're not diving into that as she is past her 'sell by date' at 13 and 1/3 years old. (that's really ancient for a boxer) She made a full recovery and has been doing pretty good....until this past week.
Her belly seems very unhappy and we're taking it one day at a time.

Have a fabulous Thursday....may you have a comfy-cozy bed too.

5 comments:

  1. Our Lucy LOVES her pillows and rearranges them all the time. Maybe I need to get a body pillow for her. Sorry to hear about Cocoa, but you definitely made the right decision to leave things alone and move to comfort measures. Thinking positive thoughts for Cocoa and for all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry to hear about Cocoa, and hope she is soon feeling better. The pillow was definitely a big hit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE that pillow. It is absolutely perfect. I am so sorry to hear about Cocoa, Suz. It is so hard to watch a pet suffer and yet so hard to let them go. You will know when the time is right and I am glad you are not putting Cocoa through any rough' treatments' that "might" give her a little longer life.
    Have a good weekend- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look so cozy!!
    I'm sad that Cocoa is not having a great go of it ...sending an extra hug (for you!) your way!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The pillow is a wonderful idea. xo
    I know you still miss Cocoa; it will soon be 1 yr since Kaboodle passed away. It does get easier. xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete

You read it, now share your thoughts.