Pages

April 25, 2018

The new one.

This past weekend we had a family reunion. Well, kinda.
The Coach's Mom asked if anyone wanted to meet for lunch in a little po'dunk town that is about 1/2 way between her house and our house.
Well, even though I have been feeling like crapola, I couldn't miss a family reunion lunch. What I did miss, was taking a picture of said family reunion lunch. Coach's Mom and Stepdad, Coach and I, Lolo and Linds, Coach's brother, his GF, my Niece, her husband and cute as heck baby and my Nephew. All for lunch about an hour away. IT was great to see everyone. I felt good enough during the entire lunch to eat real food and carry on a conversation.
*looks around for gold medal*

***

Anyhoo, Lolo mentioned that she's been dating a new boy.  I guess she actually dates men, but I just can't bring myself to call them that just yet.
According to her, this boy is all that and a bag of chips. Gosh, I love chips. But that's just my stomach talking.
She met him at work; he's a fellow Popo but works in a different part of town.
I try not to get excited, even though secretly, I'm planning a wedding and baby shower at the same time in my head. I'm a multitasking planner.
She's taken me down this road before. A few years ago, it was The Detective. We really liked him; he had his act together; a great career and was settled in his own home, comes from a good family and has no drama in his life. I guess he was a man and not a boy, so I have to take that part back.

Next, there was The Accountant. Again, he comes from a great family, was working full time and finishing up his Master's degree. We liked him. Well, I should say I 'couldn't find anything wrong with him' and that's pretty darn good. But again, she sent him packing.

I'm putting my foot down and not really getting excited about The Deputy Guy. (yeah, I just named him) But if someone could possibly find the perfect man, get married, have babies and never move more than 5 miles away from me, then I'll stop having to plan these secret weddings and baby showers in my head.

See, she looks great with a baby! 

Really, I'm not gonna think about it at all.

But, what color MOB (Mother of Bride) dress would look good on me? 

XOXO

5 comments:

  1. Hope you are feeling much better. Glad you all could get together for lunch! Lo looks good with the baby! I'm like you...any time Brooke mentions a date, I start planning their future!!!!! I choose royal blue for your mother of the bride dress! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting! I can't even imagine being at that point with mine yet! Keep secretly planning because one day you will need to put those plans into action and you will be ready!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad to hear that you're feeling better and were able to enjoy the family lunch, even if you didn't get pictures. If Lolo is anything like my daughter at that age, you're going to have to come up with several more names before the big event.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ...dang, you are a busy one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i'm dying laughing over this!!! do not get your hopes up!!!

    ReplyDelete

You read it, now share your thoughts.