Pages

April 27, 2018

Day drinking and grieving

It was my mom's 75th birthday this past week. Since she passed away in 2015, my Aunt, Uncle and I find ways to celebrate her day. They are of course in ATL, and I'm way down here in hot azz Florida....so we celebrate together but apart. 
I had to twist the arms of two of my friends to join me. I'm so strong.....and they are so weak when it comes to celebrating.

That time I took my Mom to Vegas for her 70th birthday
We did three of my mom's four favorite things; ate Mexican food, had a margarita and laughed like hyenas. She had a fourth favorite thing, but it doesn't fit in with my lifestyle; latin men. 
The coach frowns upon me having gentlemen callers, even in the name of honoring my mom. What can I say? I don't want to rock the boat when the boat is floating so darn well. 

You know what I'm not a fan of? Wallowing in sorrow. Unless it was a child or husband you've lost, it's part of the circle of life. Yes, I've watched The Lion King more than thrice. 

I miss my Mom terribly. Sometimes I weep. I miss my Brother terribly, and my father and my Sassy Grandma and the other two Grandpa's (even the crabby one). But you know what, we can't live forever. Death is a part of life. 

*pulls up big girl panties*


I'm not saying everyone has to grieve as I do, but some people seem to ONLY focus on the people who they've lost and not the people who they still have around them. I.don't.get.it. 

Another thing I don't get is bad driving. Why?

Anyhoo, I really started and kept up this blog for my Mom's reading pleasure. I hope she has a good wifi provider now and is keeping up with me and my shenanigans. 

Happy birthday Bev! XOXO





7 comments:

  1. I had the pleasure of meeting your Mom in person, and she was delightful and oh, so beautiful! (As you and your daughters are) I remember reading about her on your blog, long before I met her. She would be happy that you and friends celebrate her life and the things she enjoyed. I know she is proud of all the good things you and your family do for so many others in your community. Love you all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great way to remember your mom on her birthday! I think she would have been pleased! Maybe you could have pinched the tush of a waiter in her honor as well to round out the 4th thing?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet and true to you, funny and cute, tribute to your sweet mama's memory. Hugs for the hard days. I certainly get it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your sweet and funny tribute to your mom. I love that she loved Latin men...lol

    After losing Mr. Sweet last July, my hubby for 57 yrs..my grief is such a serious thing and I truly wondered if I could live thru the loss. After 9 months, I am doing better ea day.GOD, of course, softens the hurt with so many other blessings.I am to the point that I feel more joy for Bill being in a place he worked his whole life to get to.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i loved being able to celebrate with you...let the tears fall when they come, it's good for the soul. i bet her wifi is the BEST, and she is still laughing with you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that photo of your mom. It seems crazy that she's been gone that long. My mama grieves, um, I'm not sure how to describe it, but it's not healthy. sort of like you described. I'm glad you had Dawn to celebrate with you.

    ReplyDelete

You read it, now share your thoughts.