Pages

January 07, 2016

Going back a minute and losing sleep over details.

Happy new year!
I never make resolutions, so this year my resolution will be to continue NOT making resolutions.
Wait, did I just make one? Or not make one?


I forgot to document our Christmas tree from 2015. The Coach and I wanted to purchase a 'table top' tree in lieu of getting the 9 footer out of the attic and finding a spot for it. 
{Ya know, the little 2ft version?} 
When we went to Lowe's all the trees were priced at 10 bucks and this was the smallest they had! 
It smelled delicious; like Christmas. 
{I think Dan Marino and his jersey approved!}
 I never got the ornaments from the attic or lights. I bought one strand for some sparkle and ta-da. 
A Christmas card that was given to us had a little Peanuts ornament attached....or else the tree would have been completely ornament-less. 
I realized that the decorations don't make the holiday; the people do. (and the dogs?!)

Like Lindsay's shirt? NamaStay in Bed. Her G'ma gave it to her and I totally wanted to covet it for myself!


****
We're making quite a bit of progress on the renovation. You know the renovation that we were hoping to be done by Thanksgiving? Well, now Valentines day we SHOULD be finished. *crossing fingers*

Seems that every little thing that needs to be done, rolls into two more things that need to be done.
We had to remove and redo all the lanai pavers to meet code. 
{They needed to be brought up higher so water would flow FROM the house to the pool, ya know, in case I forgot to turn off the sink or tub OR if I cry so many tears about making decisions.}
And that meant we had to rip out our outdoor kitchen. Which is where we (the Coach) were doing quite a bit of cooking.  
Gas grill I miss you. 

So for a while it looked like we had a beach. SAND everywhere. 

It's now all put back together, minus the outdoor kitchen. The Coach has to design that and have it built. SO.many.Decisions.

Anyhoo....the inside is coming along as well. 
That monstrosity that is covered in plastic? That's our little itty bitty island. {15 feet!!!}
 The ceiling (and electrical) has been one of the most time consuming parts. The Coach has a vision and it's coming together. 
We're getting there.
I've been losing sleep over something SO major.
I'm sure you've been there at one time yourself.
........
.......
.......
......
paint colors. 

*sigh*

I actually dreamt last night that I'd made a decision and I was happy about it.
Sadly, when I woke up I realized I DIDN'T make a decision yet. 
I know.
I'm ridiculous.
But you love me anyway.

XOXO


19 comments:

  1. Hi Suzanne, I love the fragrance of a live Christmas tree! Cute photo of your beautiful and sweet daughters. I love following along with your renovation. Oh, I hope everything is finished by Valentine's Day. All our walls are builder beige and I daydream about painting them but (like you) I have no idea what color! Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everyone who is building a house or doing major house renovation is allowed to go nuts. There's just no other way to do it. Good luck. Who ever heard of a fifteen foot island?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so cute! I just love your posts. I haven't been a very faithful follower of anyone since our move, but I'm glad I caught this post. Wow! Still at it through Christmas! You you have a great attitude! I'd probably be nutting up by now. I can't wait to see the finished product.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to see the final product! (oh..I just looked up and saw the previous commenter said the same thing. Oh well, I'm not changing my comment!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have two beautiful daughters!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now I'M coveting your island! I have always wanted an island. One that long would be fabulous!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. the angst of paint chips. :) love your tiny tree. perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'd be curled up in a corner in the fetal position by now... I don't do well with things being in disarray for long periods of time... Can't wait to see the big reveal, I'm sure it'll be well worth it and stunning. The island alone makes me swoon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. In spite of the setbacks (sand) progress is being made. Just think about how wonderful your house is going to look for Christmas 2016.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is looking AMAZING! It will be incredible! I can't wait for my Florida vacation! (kidding!)
    Her shirt is the best!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Where did my comment go?

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's all gonna be okay, really!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You could build a really great sand castle!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my goodness! So much going on at your house. I can't imagine the sleep I would loose over every single little details. Personally, I've been struggling with picking a new backsplash of the kitchen....for 6 months! Can't wait to see the final product!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ohhhhhh my goodness, I want that island! Your kitchen is going to be just dreamy!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. WOW! So much sand. I would go crazy. I have kitchen island envy. When I get around to finally making a cookbook, I'm coming to your house to photograph it and pretend that is my kitchen. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm catching up! I'm wondering when we'll ever be able to scale down on the Christmas tree and decorations. The ornaments that we bought the kids each year are still here with me. Plus I'm buying Ethan one every year, too! Bah.

    That is one long kitchen island. And that is one huge kitchen! Enjoy the process. I always second guess my decisions which drives my family crazy. I try so hard to get it right, but the grass is always greener...
    Not every time, but you know what I mean.

    ReplyDelete
  18. omg, i love l's shirt, that was the first thing i noticed! the little tree is cute...one christmas, when i was newly pregnant with ashlyn, but didn't know it yet, thought i had a bad case of the flu...i just was not in the christmas spirit and told my husband that i didn't want to even put up a tree and mess with all the christmas stuff...thank goodness he only halfway listened to me because he ended up picking us up a tiny little christmas tree so we did have some christmas in the house and i was thankful!
    can't wait to see the kitchen when all done!

    ReplyDelete

You read it, now share your thoughts.