Pages

July 27, 2015

Hanging out with winners.

I disappeared again last week. 
Not even one of you put out a missing persons report!
The Coach had a week long tournament at Disney for the USSSA world series and he practically begged me to join him. I'm a sucker for begging and I'm a sucker for him.
His girls brought home the world series hardware. Again. 
Two years in a row he's coached his girls to the championship. The funny thing is, this is a different team than last year.  
Only two of the same young ladies were with him last year; he's great at what he does. 

What a fun week we had; even Cocoa was able to join us.
Here she is enjoying the rental house couch and some HGTV.
Life is good for Cocoa. We should all be Cocoa in our next life!


On Saturday Cocoa and I drove home (in almost 4 hours of torrential rain!) and the Coach and his team headed up to Virginia for a national tournament.
If you're decent at math that makes two straight weeks of softball for those girls, their parents and the coaches. 
Talk about dedication. 

I'm so thankful for an awesome partner in life.
Cocoa is so thankful for her people, couches and vacations. 



20 comments:

  1. Congrats to Coach and the team! Glad you and Cocoa could join him. Yeah, Cocoa looks like she needed a vacation!!!
    Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. your coach is THE coach to have :) those girls are lucky!!! the funniest thing was linds' comment on fbook: WHERE ARE YOU?!?!?! glad you got to get away & relax with cocoa! oh, and coach :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. Sometimes I forget to let the kids know when we're out gallivanting around.

      Delete
  3. Hanging out with winners is a great experience. I'm glad you and Cocoa were able to join Coach and the team at Disney. Congratulations to all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations to Coach and the team. I'm having a hard time figuring out just what Cocoa needed a vacation from.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You mean my missing person report didn't go through? I need to file a complaint. Congrats to the team!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats to the coach and the team!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am So glad you are having a fun summer.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Way to go, Coach! Guess it's hard to drive in Fl. rain...no where for the rain to go after it falls on the road!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like a kinda great way to spend your time! Congrats to your amazing Coach! :) (and how lucky are those girls to play at Disney!)

    ReplyDelete
  10. that's awesome. :) loved cocoa.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is awesome! Some hubby there! What fun! I miss those days at the ball field. Good for you to get away, I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey! Next time you're in Orlando, let me know! It's a short drive and I'm often there for work anyway. Glad you got to have a break with the pooch!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm glad you got to take Cocoa with you. Looks like he was riveted to some very 'exciting' real estate tv. :) Unless it was Fixer Upper..and then that's my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think I would like to be Cocoa.

    Such fun times. Were you still bandaged up when you went?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope. And my bruises were faded into a nice soft color!

      Delete
  15. congrats to COACH! Does your daughter still play?

    ReplyDelete

You read it, now share your thoughts.