Pages

February 13, 2015

Willy Nilly~I'm rich. Well, semi-rich.

Joining Tanya and friends to share 5 willy nilly whatevers from this week. 



1)
Happy VD everyone!


2)
I've been on a tear the last few months to clean out the clutter in our home and one of the things that bugged me was money clutter. 
As in a surplus of change.  
The Coach had a big vase full of coins on the dresser in our closet and it was filled to the tippety top.
I transferred the coins to a box and took them to our bank and used the free coin counter. 
 Rolling in the dough. 
Can you believe that the coin counter didn't like some of our collection? 
What? My discarded buttons and Costa Rican coins aren't good enough for you? 
I completely understand that there is not a big commodity in sunflower seeds....unless you're a bird. 




3)
Surprise flowers from a sweet friend is such a sweet surprise. 


4)
A sunset view from our hotel room in Vegas a few weeks ago. Sin City contains some beauty. 
FYI: I gambled approximately 15 minutes and doubled my money. Winner winner eggplant dinner.


5)
When departing Lost Wages I had a birds eye view of the Hoover Dam.
Damn, that's pretty!

Wishing you all a sweet weekend with someone sweet!


Around Roanoke


17 comments:

  1. Golly! i lived in Las Vegas for much of my childhood , , thank you for the views. Your bank has a FREE COIN COUNTER???? I want a bank like that. Yes, I often collect up the change . . and always feel as if i am wealthy . . Happy Day to YOU!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved your Friday Five and laughed at your rejected coins. It is always fun to see what gets in that coin collection.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoyed reading your randoms. My hubby collects coins, too, and then it's always up to me to take them to the bank. Happy VD to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. laughing at the coin machine rejects! :) woo hoo on the winnings, though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. #1 What would a holiday be without your black plate.
    #2 Can I get a loan?
    #3 Sweet flowers, sweet friend, sweet surprise. SWEET!
    #4 The place looked like it was on fire.
    #5 Ah, so lust and green.
    Happy V Day Tom The Backroads Traveller

    ReplyDelete
  6. I collect change, too. It really adds up. I save old jars, put a slit in the lid, and have a jar for each type of coin. I think one time I had over $700--the last time around $250-$350--I cannot remember exactly. Flowers from anyone is nice!

    ReplyDelete
  7. HA! I can't believe they wouldn't take the seeds!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We collect our change but our bank does not have a free coin counter. The flowers are beautiful and so is the Vegas sunset and the Hoover dam view. Happy V day to you and your loved ones!

    ReplyDelete
  9. 257! Niiiiice :) And a pull tab, bonus! happy V day to you all :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. So it was Coach's change. Will you at least share the riches? Still sending positive thoughts for Ozzie and his nurses.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pretty pictures! MS went to Atlantic City over Christmas Break & came out a winner. We didn't know he was going...he said he didn't want to worry us! :)
    Cha-CHING!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. We used a big stash of coins that hubs had been saving for part of our honeymoon money. So you should blow your stash on something fun...but if you're like me, it's more likely to be spent on organic broccoli or meds for the dog. : ) Love the sky pic. So pretty when we can see God showing off as the day ends. : )

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love taking the "money bucket" to the bank. We always have a little wager about how much money we think we have accumulated. It drives Jim nuts but I refuse to just put the money in the bank and always try to find something fun to do with it. Eggplant dinner sounds like a good idea!

    ReplyDelete
  14. It is just wrong how much joy I take from turning my change into umm grocery money? LOL A good days work!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Keep collecting change and you'll fund another trip to Vegas!

    ReplyDelete
  16. lol you are funny...that's quite a chunk of change...when our change cup gets full i give it to the boys to cash in...they usually end up with about 10 a piece and blow it on something! hope you had a great vday!!! thank you for linking!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. The sunset...amazing. The Hoover dam, that's a crazy capture. Very nice. Your change added up to a nice little sum didn't it. We do the same thing. We use a big mason jar and when that's filled up we head to the bank. Usually have 100 bucks or so of surprise money. My wife wants to start saving five dollar bills. She's pressing her luck.

    ReplyDelete

You read it, now share your thoughts.