Pages

February 05, 2015

I'm all about that Dog, that Dog.


I've been MIA from the blogosphere....if anyone even noticed. 
An update of sorts. 
We're up to our eyeballs in dog care. Ozzie is still hanging in there....but he's become extremely needy. As in, we are up at all hours of the night with the eating and the bathrooming. He's on several medications that both make him hungry and thirsty...which means more bathrooming. 
I can't remember if I wrote that he has both an enlarged heart and two large tumors/masses in his brain; his time is limited. 

 The Coach and I leave notes on who has done what at what time. 
We've added green beans and broccoli to his food and snacks; very filling without too many calories. Turns out both dogs love their greens...as do the cats! Who knew?

We are both very thankful that I'm not committed outside the house most days...that would not work for Ozzie's situation. Right now, I'm not able to leave the house for more than 2 hours at a time.
Needless to say, getting up at all hours of the night does not make for pleasant Suz. 

 I'm certainly not looking for sympathy here, nor do I want to make anyone sad....this is what you do when you've made a commitment to an animal. 
I am So thankful that we have the resources to take good care of him and I'm also thankful it's not my child who is sick; that would be much worse. Also, if I made my child pee and poop in the yard, well then my neighbors would most likely complain. 

 The Coach and I spent a (much needed) long weekend in Vegas and the girls had to be on dog duty. 
Trying to make sure someone was here at all times was hard with both of their work/school schedules. 
The Coach made a spreadsheet to cover all bases; one day I had my house/pet sitter come by for four hours when the girls were not available.
It takes a village!

I hope all of you are doing well and are getting lots of uninterrupted sleep!!!






15 comments:

  1. i know you are giving him the best care possible. and i know each day with him is worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ozzie is one blessed dog. I'm glad he has a family so willing to take care of him in these hard times. And I'm glad you have an Ozzie to take care of.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Suz! You are an amazing doggie family. My heart hurts to see your sweet Ozzie so sick right now. I'm glad you have logistics worked out so you can be the best doggie mama ever. Hugs and love and prayers coming your way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bless Ozzie. Prayers for Ozzie and for YOU. I know it hurts --when our pets start failing. I remember when Duchess finally had to be taken to the vet (where they put her to sleep). That was the hardest thing I have ever done. Seeing those sad eyes looking at me is a memory that will be inside of me forever. God Bless YOU --and you and the family go through this.
    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry for all of you, gosh this is wrenching!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sorry to hear about Ozzie. I know he is getting wonderful, loving care from your entire family. All of you are in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You all are so devoted. no doubt Ozzie is loved. You might try green peas in the veggie array. My friend's dog adores them - she's always talking about how excited she gets over peas!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, we do everything we can to keep our pets feeling as good as possible. Paws and fingers crossed here for all of you comprising the village. And for dear Ozzie.

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh suz... i know how much you love that pup. he is so blessed that the adoption peeps approved you!!!! this is a whole new take on love notes...

    ReplyDelete
  10. that comment from laura? it is really me!!! good thing southern gal let me know that my computer was making me comment as laura!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great reason to have kids: when they get older, you can leave for the week/weekend and have someone take care of the dogs! :)
    Ally (15 year old schnauzer) is now on "pee-pee meds" to relieve her dribbling. I've tried to hide those stinkin' pills in everything: pill pockets, peanut butter, cheese, etc. I finally found something that works: Little Debbie Oatmeal Pies! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my, you do have your hands full at the moment. I am sorry Ozzie is going through this, but it is so nice that you are so committed to him and take such good care of him. Glad you got a much needed getaway and were able to recharge your batteries!

    ReplyDelete
  13. i hate that ozzie is going through this but he is so blessed to have such a supportive family! my oz likes green beans too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh no! I was hoping for something of a miracle...but maybe the miracle is that Ozzie has you! Hang in there. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  15. You are such a good Puppy Mama. Sending hugs to you and all who love your Ozzie.

    ReplyDelete

You read it, now share your thoughts.