Pages

January 23, 2015

Willy Nilly Five~~ Say what now?

Joining Tanya and friends to share 5 willy nilly thoughts, pics or whatevers. 


1)
The craft (laundry-office-overflow guest) room got painted last weekend.
Our friends PJ and Heather were here from Jupiter, PJ is a professional and he offered to 'help' me paint.
In reality, I was 'in his way' so he painted it all and I did just the the cubby under the desk.
Is it too white? perhaps. 
But, I'm not upset with my choice....hey, in 10 years PJ I can repaint it!
I love the fact that it's fresh and clean because I have a thing for fresh and clean. 


2)
Recently, I was shopping online (Ulta.com) for some mascara and one of the criteria choices was gluten free.   

GLUTEN FREE.

Tasty.  



3)
I made a batch of kale chips this week. I sprinkled the kale bits with garlic & chili powder; lightly mixed in some olive oil and lime juice and baked them for about 10 minutes. 
Delish. The leftovers were thrown on top of a salad for a bit of crunch. 



4)
Did I ever tell you I love geraniums?
Hey, I love geraniums. 


5)
 Do you love avocados as much as I do?
I love them so much I want to marry them; but I'm not a bigamist. Or a weirdo.
I'm starting my own avocado farm and I can't wait to enjoy my first harvest. I'm thinking I'll wait on gathering the other ingredients for my first homemade guacamole for a few weeks though. 


Wishing you all a lovely weekend with fresh and clean surroundings, lovely colors (or white) and yummy  food.

Around Roanoke



16 comments:

  1. I want to live in you craft room!! My vow is that one day I too shall have a craft room all to myself! :-) I love kale chips and now I'm craving some...
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. #1 Fresh and clean is good.
    #2 GLUTEN FREE, now I know that this is a BIG problem for many folks, but I've been around for a long time and never heard of it until recently.
    #3 Really? I'll pass thank you.
    #4 You just did.
    #5 I remember doing this many moons ago.
    Tom The Backroads Traveller

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think your craft room looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. YUM----I want me some gluten-free mascara for lunch please!!!!! ha ha ......This gluten craze is making someone very rich... Wish it were me... ha

    Your room looks so beautiful... Florida homes need brightness and cheeriness ---and yours has that look... Love it.

    Enjoy the kale. I grew up eating that stuff (cooked like spinach).... Not sure I want anymore EVER.... ha

    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember that huge craft table and baskets! I love it and the room.

    ReplyDelete
  6. laughing at gluten-free mascara. lordie-bee! great spiffed up room!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Never heard of kale chips...sounds interesting. Room looks good.

    So, does that gluten free mascara mean that other mascara has glutens?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh good. When I come visit we'll have kale chips and avocados. I love those things too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was in my twenties before I ate an avocado. I didn't love them at first, but I do now! What kind of mascara did you get? I'm in the market!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi, Your room looks beautiful. Our whole house interior is beigey-white. I like it after having some darker colors for a few years. I have not yet tried the kale chips; yours sound delish and easy. I've been wearing CG mascara forever! About avocados, the painter for our Acworth house adopted us and would cook authentic Mexican for us several times per week. I love guacamole! Prayers and love to you all.

    ReplyDelete
  11. There was an interesting article about crafting. As you can see the article is titled, "Ditch the Prozac. Take up crafting."
    https://www.yahoo.com/makers/ditch-the-prozac-take-up-crafting-108671160605.html

    And you have the perfect setup. My knitting stuff is scattered all over my study. Of course, even if I had your lovely crafting room, I'd likely have my knitting projects scattered all over. Thoughts for dear Ozzie.

    ReplyDelete
  12. WHOA, I thought avocados were from the grocery store ! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. The kale chips are something I need to make!
    I tried growing avacados once and it didn't happen.
    I love the pretty fresh paint job!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thats not a guest room, it's a studio apartment ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. i love geraniums and avos too and how funny, i have some kale sitting in my fridge waiting for me to make the chips, honest! ha, we used to grow the avo seeds when i was little! the craft room looks good!...how's my buddy oz doing?

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love growing the avocado seeds into trees. We had one from an avocado I swiped in Key West but the frost up here got it a few years ago. Not to burst your bubble, but my neighbor told me it takes something like 8 years for them to start producing avocados unless you buy a grafted tree. Still, it's fun to grow your own....

    ReplyDelete

You read it, now share your thoughts.