Pages

December 01, 2014

My giving of Thanks recap in as few words as I can manage; and hey the PoLiCe were NOT in attendance.

So, I made three centerpieces knowing I'd need two, plus one for the kitchen. 
 By Tuesday our guest list grew from 10 to 15, we were going to have three tables of people now.
We were able to continue our Thanksgiving eve tradition of roulette. Just like the pilgrims! 
 The day of Thanksgiving our guest list had grown to 18. Luckily I have a lot of plates. And silverware. And wine. 
The pool sharks girls.

I swear to goodness that I'd told my girls a few nights before: 
"You don't know how lucky you are to have holidays WITHOUT law enforcement getting involved."
Linds: "Hey, can we SHAKE it up this year?"
We giggled....my children have noooooo idea. 

And FYI....all was well and peaceful. The Po-Po did not visit us this Thanksgiving.
Let's see what happens next year. 

The bird with the girls. BTW: I was able to locate my organic/free range bird who'd spent his life doing yoga and having daily massages. AND HE WAS DELICIOUS!
Even with extra peeps we had mucho leftovers. 
Apparently we were only expecting some, but cooked for many.

Our holiday was FaBuLous....a few loved family members were missing this year and that is never fun; but we made due with total strangers sitting at the table. 


I've a crazy week ahead....wish me luck!!!

I hope your Thanksgiving was lovely AND you also missed out on the Po-Po visiting your home!


27 comments:

  1. Whoa thats the biggest cooked Turkey I've ever seen , yup thats a BIG turkey
    Im sure if the PoPo did arrive you could of distracted them with that turkey !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great time was had by all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Life is never dull around your house, is it But it sounds as if Thanksgiving was a great success. I'm glad the police did not need to get involved.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you found a well-rounded zen bird and had a nice Thanksgiving! Hope the eye surgery this week goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. glad you had plenty of food and fixings for your unexpected (and no doubt, thankful) extra guests!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a busy but fun weekend has passed and another one is on it's way! Hopefully that will be two in a row with no Po-Po!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your description if the free range turkey.......HILARIOUS.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, you guys do know how to have a good time. ;-) The bird looks fantastic and it sounds like you all had a great Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice looking girls (including you!) and bird. Glad you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good luck during your crazy week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fun photos. The police were here....we were up til all hours DANCING!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks like lots of fun at your house. How were the police not there? They were here, and I'm sure we didn't have that much fun, although I can't really remember. Oh. yeah. a policeman lives here. That explains a lot.....

    ReplyDelete
  13. Glad you had a great Turkey Day...literally! Glad all your peeps and some extra were there and there was no Po-Po involvement. Love the pics. Looks like a great time was had by all. : )

    ReplyDelete
  14. Dang! That's one huge turkey! I am so glad the police did not have to come quiet ya'll down. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. hehehe, I don't know the po-po story but anyone who has one is awesome in my book!!! that is one yummy looking bird....it sounds like you have a very fun and happy family!!!! I love all that "noise"!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. oohhhh and I forgot to say that your flowers are beautiful. I'm old, I can only remember two things at a time!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. A bird who has lived his life in total zen is THE WAY to go!
    here's to a holiday police free... I'm sure foreigners watching American news think there's no such thing these days!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hmm today and yesterday I tried to get to your page that shows your husband with the boxers , thinking thats your new post but when I tap it from my feed it says the page does not exist ~ are you posting nonexisting pages now ??? I'm telling the POPO
    But seriously wheres that page lol

    ReplyDelete
  19. So glad that you had a happy Thanksgiving - and found a bird worthy of your peeps (pun intended)! Hugs to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I've missed your humor lately. You haven't been showing up on blogroll. I don't know what's going on. Somehow some got deleted. Looks like a fun day and I do love the flowers in the vase. Keep the party going!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh yeah! HOp over and enter my giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  22. It's been completely crazy for me too and about to get better/worse because my family is arriving Wednesday. Your bird looks delicious. Glad you had a great big festive day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Well, it sounds like an amazing day! And I love that you honor the pilgrim traditions by playing roulette!

    ReplyDelete
  24. what a great thanksgiving!! haha i love that you celebrate the way the pigrims did...nice to carry on that tradition ;)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Happy Thanksgiving! I adore that you found an organic turkey!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Merry Thanksgiving. I love that you could spend it with the people that you love best.

    ReplyDelete

You read it, now share your thoughts.