Pages

November 18, 2013

Feeding the Hungry

Did you hear that shriek yesterday?
That was me as I was watering my garden.

LookitwhatIGrew!!!
My first cucumber!


Ozzie, said: Chillax Mama…you know they sell those at Publix right?
I declared when I put in my garden a few months ago that we would have a HUGE harvest to dine on for Thanksgiving.

Apparently, it's going to be slim pickins. I have this cucumber and a tomato the size of my pinkie finger nail.

Ummmmm….lets see how I can slice this up to share with 14-17 people.

If my guests complain, I'll send them to the soup line!

I've got some super cute and exciting things to share, but I'm running on fumes these days.

We actually turned our craft/laundry room/office into another bedroom yesterday. And we moved other beds around here and there…along with the painting of furniture too. 

Yikes. So much going on….but it's all good in my hood. 


I might be MIA in posting and/or commenting.
Don't think I've gone off and joined one of those alluring carnivals or cults {Avon}!

Happy Monday.
XOXO



16 comments:

  1. Good for you! I can't wait to see the projects you'll be sharing. Maybe it will motivate me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm on the edge of my seat now. ;-) Can't wait to hear what you've been up to...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to see the pics of your home's transformation! Meanwhile, I'm happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you're always good for a laugh or five. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. a bedroom just for thanksgiving, right?!?! I wish I had energy to give you a hand! i hope you are putting those girls to work :) xoxo miss you! we need to make a chipotle date and write it on the calendar.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ha, yeah, oz doesn't look all impressed with it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Buy some extras some Publix and claim them as home grown!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like you have been busy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on your cucumber. I'm sure yours tastes alot better than the ones from Publix or any grocery store!!!!!!

    Sounds like you are a busy beaver now... Take care!
    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations on your first cucumber. I'll bet it tastes good. It sounds as if you're not going to be bored over the next couple of weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aw, Suz! You didn't have to make an entire bedroom just for little ol' me!! I would have been perfectly happy with the couch!

    Wait...

    I DID tell you I was coming for Thanksgiving, right?!

    ~~giggle~~

    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  12. you gardening and here we have more snow flakes, DANG! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well good life distractions are always vitally worthwhile! :) at least we know you're busy and not starving on your tomato and cucumber :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your cucumber! May there be many more :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. almost 4 months in the new house, still no kitchen. No thanksgiving. I'm hoping for Christmas as I might be hosting, oh 25 or so for dinner. McDonald's anyone? So yeah show me your projects because boy do I have a LOT to do. Any that veggie garden I was going to plant? oops. YOU GO GIRL!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Cucumbers are just about the only thing I can grow. Oh wait, I managed to grow pumpkins once but really, who eats those? LOL Enjoy you harvest!

    ReplyDelete

You read it, now share your thoughts.