Pages

October 28, 2013

Last Minute might be my new middle name

Last week I was whining about doing Lindsay's yearbook ad/page last minute and that apparently got the last minute ball rolling. 

Friday morning, I took a last minute 4 mile walk with a friend who I don't see enough of. 
Saturday morning found me at the Buddy Walk {National Down Syndrome Society} with my friend Dawn.  I was so glad she texted me last minute on Friday night!!
Saturday afternoon found me running to the post office {last minute} to mail something and then dropping off expired Rx's at the DEA sponsored "Operation Medicine Cabinet"

Saturday evening brought a last minute birthday dinner at our house for a good friend. {The Coach did most of the cooking} I thought it was going to be a quiet night with both girls gone, but we ended up with six guests; three of which spent the night. 

Sunday I attended a photography class, last minute of course!

All in all, aside from Mother nature wreaking havoc on my insides, it was a great weekend. Our weather is finally being tolerable. {Yay for less humidity in the air!}

And I just have to add, that the Buddy walk was SO much fun...BUT I really wish they would have given out  medals for the fastest walkers because Dawn and I would have gotten Gold AND Silver! 
No, we're not competitive at all! :)

I'm just wishing someone would call me this morning {last minute} and say I can stay home today!
XOXO



22 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great weekend! Sometimes, last minute plans end up being the best kind!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you! The sky in your pic looks so blue and clear. Love these autumn days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything may have been last minute, but it all adds up to a fun weekend. Now if it was up to me, you could of course stay home today... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like your weeks was quite "spur of the moment" as my gram use to call it.
    Sounds like you had a good time though :))

    ReplyDelete
  5. My two next door neighbors are lovely ladies in their seventies. They walk several laps around our neighborhood daily. One morning, I made the unfortunate mistake of starting my walk just ahead of these ladies. Holy cow!! Staying ahead of them almost cost me a lung!!! I'm not competitive either.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Keeping things for the last minute can be taxing too at times :-(

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like some perfect 'last minute' activities for you. Great blue sky day photo too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh man.

    Didn't you get my message to stay home today!?

    I'm so sorry.

    Oh, oops.

    I must have called too late for you to catch it before you left the house!

    Cute post!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Who needs planning? Spontaneous is more fun - but I guess it can get stressful when there's a little too much spontaneity.

    ReplyDelete
  10. funny, your weather cools OFF to tolerable and ours has cooled off enough for heavy coats, gloves, snow....

    ReplyDelete
  11. I remember when I lived in Florida and we'd get some 'milder' weather in the Fall. It was SO nice.... Sounds like you are a Busy Bee --even if you are 'last minute'.... As long as everything worked out (and it seems as if it did), I guess it's okay to do things at the last minute... IN fact, sometimes last minute is BETTER... So??????

    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Kudos to you on the walk!!
    Wish it were warmer here...no heat in my classroom....59 degrees when I got in this morning :( The parents all commented that they have never seen me bundled up...always shorts until it gets really cold.

    Happy Monday (last minute just for you...10 15 p.m. CA time)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice post...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good job! I wish I were closer so I could tag along with you two sometime. Great cause, too.

    Now you need to slow down and take it easy this week.

    ReplyDelete
  15. You sound like me...well, a much younger blonde version. I love last minute plans. If I have to do much thinking it becomes work. My motto is, "let's just do this!" Ok, but next time let me know when it's a party....I can get there fast.

    ReplyDelete
  16. You certainly get a lot done 'at the last minute'. I'm very impressed.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Well, all things said, it seems like last minute is kinda working!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I appreciate the last minute plans, less time to worry about what to wear! lol

    ReplyDelete
  19. xoxo i love having a friend who is not afraid of last minute plans!!! yahoo!!!! and yes, i would have definitely let you have the gold :) you are the BEST!

    ReplyDelete
  20. You did the drug dropoff! That makes my pharmacy heart happy :)

    ReplyDelete

You read it, now share your thoughts.