Pages

October 14, 2013

The One Where I Pull Off A Surprise~

Happy birthday to The Coach!!

For his birthday this year I planned a little get away surprise. I got my friend Kelly involved; her husband Don shares a birthday week with Coach.
Don and The Coach have been friends since Jesus was a small child. You know, like 40 years!
 They go together like peas and carrots. Or in our case, like wine and cheese. 

Did I ever tell you that Don and Kelly went on our honeymoon with us? Hey, it wasn't like THAT!
But we do love each other more than a fat kid sugar addict loves cake. 

Anyhoo's....Kelly and Don flew out from their town and we flew out from our town; we coincidentally met up in the baggage claim at the Charlotte NC airport.

SURPRISE!!!

They boys were clueless and that is how we like them. 

We had a great weekend in Asheville.
I'll share some photos later, but right now I've got to get back to life....and I'm pooped. 
Did you know that having fun is exhausting? 


Hey, I know a photo opportunity when I see one. (fake unloading!)
Happy Monday my peeps and happy birthday to the best boyfriend ever!

XOXOXO


21 comments:

  1. How cool that you were able to pull off a surprise. I don't think I could do it! Happy Birthday, Coach!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday Coach! Sounds like a great trip...can't wait for more pics and more stories! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well look at that... We both have September birthdays and our hubby's have October birthdays. ;-) Asheville is such a beautiful place, I can't wait to see some of the pictures. I bet you all had a blast. :-) Happy Birthday to the Coach, hope it's the best one ever!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heather Feather10/14/13, 8:58 AM

    HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great gift! Now tell us more about this Honeymoon for four! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Honestly, Suz. With all the pomp and grandeur at the Biltmore House you took a photograph of a sign. But it IS very funny!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday to your honey. He is a keeper! And you? You are da best wife! It's not easy to fool two men at the same time! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh fun. I love Asheville. It's about 4 hours from us, but I get down there every once in a while.

    The guinea that we lost is a type of farm bird (no guinea pigs here - they are way too loud at night!).

    ReplyDelete
  9. How cool is that? Women are great at surprises......men not so much.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, how fun! Happy Birthday, Coach! Look forward to lots of photos!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That sounds so much fun! I don't know how you managed to surprise him. You're definitely my hero!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You all women did great with the surprise! Don't you just love men who are so clueless sometimes? When my husband turned fifty, we went to a restaurant where a bunch of friends met him. He thought it was neat that so many of us ended up there after church. He even missed their promotion sign out front that said, "Happy 50th Birthday, Bill."

    ReplyDelete
  13. That sounds fantastic! I am sure you are all one helluva good time.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Birthday Coach...love the sign :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Now that's an amazing birthday gift. Good luck topping that one, Coach :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. It sounds as if you and Kelly pulled off a perfect birthday surprise for your guys. Asheville is a great place for any type of celebration.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ahhhh---so glad you pulled off the surprise. You and Kelly must have been very very happy to do this... Can't wait to hear what all you did in Asheville. It's a neat neat city... Did you get to Biltmore? Grove Park Inn????? Blue Ridge Parkway?????? WHERE????? Inquiring minds want to know...

    Happy Birthday to your Sweetie....
    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy Barkday to the coach! (What do ya want? We're dogs.) Hope he had a great day fer sure.
    Smooches from pooches,
    BabyRocketDog & Hootie

    ReplyDelete

You read it, now share your thoughts.