Pages

August 20, 2013

Reptiles, Big Birds and Dog Butts~Oh' My!



Saturday morning the Coach and I loaded up the ol' clunker with a change of clothes and a couple of mutts. 
Feel lucky that this is not a 'smellovision' blog because that breath right there would be the death of you.  
(Ozzie, not Coach!)



We drove until we reached my In-laws home at Lake Okeechobee.  My FIL Bill; you can also call him the canine magnet!


 My first bit of business was getting some exercise. I took the paddle boat out for a little spin. I must have went 40 miles yards. I was kinda tired. The parking of the paddle boat took longer than that actual 40 miles yards.  Turns out parking of a vehicle is not my only parking issue. 


The kids (ours + boyfriends) arrived later in the evening. Some people have to actually work on weekends. Sucks to be them. 


There was a lot of swinging going on....
And some reading too. 




How about a boat ride for Cocoa everyone? At this point, Ozzie opted to stay in the house with the a/c. He is as spoiled as I am. 


The crew!



We spotted an osprey. We went back and forth: Is it an eagle? Is it a hawk? An osprey? Finally Bill and I decided it was an osprey. I dare you to argue because Bill and I both watch animal planet. 




Cocoa had a moment of bravery and moved to the front of the yacht deck boat. 


Coach's awesome Mom has a manatee mailbox. And YES, she changes out the decorations. SHE is awesome like that. {No manatee's were injured in the making of this mailbox}


This is the neighborhood iguana. Do you see him on the seawall here? Bill and I got fairly close for this photo and then he jumped into the water. The iguana, not Bill. 



Before we knew it, the Coach and I had to depart. The kiddo's left a few hours later. I insisted on a family photo...because I love insisting on stuff. We insisted Lolo stop fishing for a minute for this photo. 
Another great weekend under our belts....I love my people!!!


So tell me, did your weekend include dog photo bombs, huge birds, strange reptiles, unique mailboxes or wonderful people who you adore??



26 comments:

  1. Looks as if it were a fun and relaxing time. Always good to see our children, isn't it? Blessings, xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you all had a great time. Always relaxing to be out on the water. Excellent pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like all of you had a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun weekend! We spent ours with wonderful people, huge birds (do chickens count?), smelly dogs (Savvy just loves to roll in gross, disgusting things)but sadly no funky mailboxes or paddle boats. Cooked some yummy food and went to the movies though...

    ReplyDelete
  5. What does Coach's t-shirt say??

    ReplyDelete
  6. Suz- Love Lake Okeechobee. The town used to have the best BBQ for miles around. Love your family and I hear you about parking those darned things. NOT easy to do. I think your hubby looks a lot like his Dad! Great looking family! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nana! Funny thing is that this is Coach's Step-Dad. But I'm guessing since he has been in the picture for 40 years, they do look alike!!!!
      XO

      Delete
  7. what a great family photo!!! not all the dogs made it in though :) looks like it was a lot of fun to get away (even though you told me you were done going away!) coach's mom does a better job of manatee decorating that the manatee decorator in marco does :) (I am NOT surprised!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well Sue is a decorator at heart....LOL!!! We didn't ask any of the dogs to join in the photo, rude.

      Delete
  8. Looks like a great way to spend a weekend! (Minus the working stuff!)
    Mine did not have dogs but included traveling to another country and water falls.

    ReplyDelete
  9. great family time! but i loved the 'canine magnet' photo!!! 4 big dogs - my kind company.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fun with family. Doesn't get much better than that!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Our weekend was positively lame compared to yours -- no reptiles, no dogs, no boat rides. I guess that's one of the (advantages/drawbacks?) to getting old.

    ReplyDelete
  12. In stitches here over your paddle boat 40 mile remark. Did it just totally kill your legs? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  13. George is right... Our weekend was fairly boring---but sometimes, boring is good. Right???? Love love love that mailbox.... Awesome...

    Glad you all had a good time.
    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  14. It did not... It was an equally great weekend though a manatee mailbox may have tipped it to be abundantly amazing. :) Lovely shots, it looks just splendid!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the photo of your FIL with all of the dogs. So cute. Sounds like a fun weekend.

    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  16. In the butter flavoring. .. it is an extract. Like vanilla. Yuri ou could use butter flavored crisco if you had it or I'm sure it would still be good if you left it out!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I can see why you love those peeps - they are all so nice and cooperative.
    What a great way to stay cool, out for a boat ride on a lake. And that outdoor living room looks soooo comfy. Gregg wants something like that, but it will have to be in another state, because it gets too cold & wet to leave the furniture outdoors (for most of the year). Our deck chairs and picnic table have to spend the winter in the garage!

    Your photo-bombing dogs crack me up, as does that mailbox. A manatee? That wouldn't have occurred to me! Clever lady.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi I hopped over from Tammy's blog. My kind of crew here lol We always have animals underfoot and a boxer bombing our photos! I am now your newest follower.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops lost track of where I saw you it was at Lisa's from Two Bears ... not at Tammys'. Glad I peeked in!

      Delete
  19. It looks like you had great family fun! Ozzie actually showed more this time than butt but that dog does frequently have its backside to the camera, doesn't it? I saw the chocolate lab in the group of dogs. We used to have one. He was soooo sweet. Their outdoor room looks like a great place to congregate. How did you stay awake for the ride back? All that sunshine would have made me sleepy.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I so love weekends like that. Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a fun weekend : ). I really like your family. So much so that I am considering becoming adopted by them. Please let me know where to send my application.

    ReplyDelete
  22. What fun!

    Love the mailbox.

    Would they like to adopt me?

    I am housebroken and VERY polite.

    PS And I am a GREAT cook!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Don't go adopting anyone else before you adopt me! Pushy people around here--sheesh.

    Your daughters' boyfriends look like they could be their siblings in that one picture. Look at them! They are two matching sets.

    I'm weird. This is why you should adopt me. Actually, to borrow your habit, I think I INSIST on it.

    ReplyDelete

You read it, now share your thoughts.