Pages

August 29, 2013

I'm shocked that you forgot...but a nice log cabin will make up for it all.

Ok, I'm a little shocked that I forgot.
Last week I had my 5 year blog-oversary.
Five.
I started this little baby to keep my Mom up to date.
You know, having a blog is free, but those phone calls add up!

Who knew I would meet people who I actually like?

Blogging and blogging friends have opened up my eyes to a lot of things.
Raising chickens for instance.
No, I've not raised any, but I have had dreams that I did.
I envy you chicken raisers.
The Coach and I have had many conversations about raising chickens.
Instead of doing it, we went to Costco and bought a bunch of eggs.

And don't get me started on the cooking and the home-improving.
My.eyes.have.been.opened.
Thank you for all of that.

I have made some long lasting friendships; you are some very special people.
You know who you are; your notes and comments always brighten my day.

I've met a few of you in person.
I'm sure you can attest that I'm even better in person.
Hard to imagine.
But go ahead, attest already.

You lurkers? I'm not so sure about you.
Everyday, the same ones visiting me. I know nothing about you except you are consistent.
You could be teddy bear wearing, underwater basket weaving ex-convicts living in your Mom's basement for all I know.
And that is exactly how I imagine you.

Five years is a big deal in case you didn't know.
A traditional 5 year anniversary gift would be wood.
So, I'm thinking a nice sailboat? You can choose the color of my sail.

If you prefer to go modern,  that would mean you'll get me silverware.
Hey, lets not get so modern, stick with traditional. I've got enough silverware.

Oh wait, I don't even want a sailboat.
You know what I want?
A log cabin. That is all wood.

I'll even give you a few choices.

This is pretty. 
But I might need a housekeeper. Once I retire, I'm retiring from cleaning. I might not even shower myself. I'll have a personal shower-er. (Preferably a blind shower-er)




This is quite sweet.
But, it might be too small for the Coach and I. I still need my space. I hope to NOT hear football games, UFC fights or prison shows blaring from his TV.



This might be the perfect combo said Goldilocks.  
I love the front porch. I could sit there and have some peace and quiet.....and also, I could boss someone around from there too. 
This is actually Jack Hanna's cabin....I hope he takes all his critters with him after you buy this for me. 



Ok, so I'll be expecting you guys to pull together your funds and kick Jack Hanna out of my cabin.
Thank you very much!

Ok, that might be asking too much.
How about you promise to recycle all plastic and Styrofoam for the duration of your life.
Then we'll be even!
***
FYI: I wrote a really cute post this week, but Blogger decided not to let it be published. 
Has anyone else had issues with the publishing portion of blogger?
I actually wanted to shank someone....not a surprise there. 

24 comments:

  1. Happy Blogaversary! You and your family are especially awesome in person! Love that last cabin. I'll sit with you on the porch, ok?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your blogaversary. I agree that we meet some of the nicest people though blogging. We would love to meet you in person, but I doubt you could be any nicer than you are online. We have plenty of beautiful cabins up here on the Plateau. Many come complete with deer, which is nice unless you plan to grow roses.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yay five!!!
    did you just say you have enough silverware? tooo much? I wouldn't say that too loudly if I were you! i cannot in good conscience kick jack hanna out of his cabin, not even for you! i am hoping that he's gonna get my girl a job someday!!!
    I love you, love you... let's celebrate with burrito bowls :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy blogaversary!!! How about a toothpick?

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are better in person..I can attest to that. Much love and happy blogaversary...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jack Hanna has good taste. Love it.
    Happy blogiversary. blogoversary? I never know which one is correct.

    Glad to have met you here in blogland!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Blogaversery !
    I've always wanted a log cabin , but settled for our 125 year old farm house.
    Just so you know I am one of the chicken raisers ~ not one of the basement dwellers ...
    plus I always comment if I visit . :))

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations!!! I'm sure you will find an appropriate way to celebrate. I like log cabins but I would never want to live in one, fancy or plain.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have had trouble off and on all week with trying to get my pictures to load in a timely manner. Other than that- it's been okay.
    Congrats on 5 years-that's a long time to be blogging. Lots of things can change in 5 years. I'll give you that cabin (3rd one is MY choice, too) and trade you even up for a place on the ocean...oh-yeah- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's been 5 years already?? Congrats on your blogaversary!! If I could, I'd get you one of those cabins in a heartbeat! Let me just win the lottery first... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wait a second?

    Didn't you get my singing telegram?

    With the cute fireman impersonators?

    Who sang, "Congratulations to you!" while removing their clothing?

    Seriously?

    You didn't?

    Man.

    I hate when that happens.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You can't have the first log cabin. It looks too pretty without any window coverings - - but that means you would have to walk around fully clothed ALL the time.
    As for the personal shower-er, you do know they have those at assisted living - - right? Only problem is they are afraid you could fall so they don't let you stand but instead put you in a tub with a door in the side - - - or seat you on a chair with holes in the seat. What lovely things might be in our futures!
    I am thrilled you started a blog and that we found each other, too. One day we will see each other's live faces!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Blogaversary! I am so happy that we met here. You are one of my all-time faves, Suz! xoxo
    P.S. - there are two log cabins (maybe 3 or 4, come to think of it) right here in our neighborhood. I'm not kidding! Washington is full of them - plenty of PanAbode & Lindal Cedar Homes to go around.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi, We had dinner tonight with Dad Adams to celebrate his 101st birthday.... He ate well--including a Brownie and Ice Cream...

    Happy Blogaversary... I celebrated one also in June ---but you didn't buy me a log cabin... I'll take that last one (on top of a mountain somewhere next to a waterfall please)... Thanks!!!!!!

    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy Blogoversary!!

    And, YES, you are freakin' AWESOME in real life!!

    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy blogiversary! I know. Blogging is just awesome stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love love love me some cabin! Every time we stay in one, I try to decide if "this" is the one I never want to leave. Actually I have a list... LOL. Yay on your happy bloggyversary! I'm glad we are web buddies. You are more than a buddy, though. You've been a true friend and encourager and I want to thank you for that. : ) I want to be on the short list of those you've met in person though. Makes me want to go to Disney. lol

    ReplyDelete
  18. Stopping back by to wish you all a nice Labor Day Weekend. Don't get a splinter in your ?? finger!!! (log cabins are great places to get splinters!)

    ReplyDelete
  19. congrats to you on 5 years (even if blogger made you late posting about it.) :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Happy Blogoversary! I am glad to be one of your neighbors in the blogosphere :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Five years is a HUGE deal!! Congrats to you. I am so happy to have been following along your fabulous and sweet life.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Five years is awesome! I love your blog. We live WAY too close not to have connected in person. Let's make that happen this year. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Happy Blogiversary!!!!! have a nice day..
    Thanks for sharing this information with us...

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love the look of a log cabin from the exterior but I think they are a challenge to hang pictures on the inside unless of course they drywall over the logs. Just sayin'.....

    Happy anniversary on your blog, Girly! Not no stinkin' lurker here. xox

    ReplyDelete

You read it, now share your thoughts.