Pages

June 28, 2013

The writing is on the plate


I went through a phase where I liked roosters and chickens.
Ok, I still like them somewhat. I have a few lingering in the kitchen; mind you there are no verbal 'cock a doodle do's or poop to step over.
(Lolo wants chickens in a bad way, but she also wants a baby bison)

 A few months ago I was clearing out some clutter and I looked up, saw this plate on top of a cabinet and declared it was the ugliest thing I've ever seen.
I said out loud: 
WHO BROUGHT THIS INTO MY BEAUTIFUL HOME?!?
And since I was home alone, only my inner voice answered. Guilty as charged. 

I put it in a box in the garage for donations.

A week later as I passed by the box, and I had a vision:
This could be a bigger version of my pig. 
(excuse messy garage counter)

So I grabbed a can of chalkboard paint and went to town.

It was a matter of days before someone 'adjusted' my mantra for the week.
Was anyone surprised?
Bee Kind + teenagers = BeHind

Have a great weekend and remember, to watch your behind 'cause this Mom rules.
XOXO


15 comments:

  1. i LOVE your new version of the write-on plate!!!! you are so smart :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great transformation! Gotta love chalkboard paint. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very impressed with your resourcefulness! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Best re-using of a plate ever!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute! Hope you all have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm pleased to see this proof that a person should never throw anything away, which is mostly my mantra. You can always find some (nearly) useful use for items that would otherwise end up in a garage sale!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like both! My kitchen has roosters. But very clever to re-use something and make it into something more amazing and useful. You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was excited when I saw your name come up in the new blogs today because I know your writing will produce a smile from me - - - and you did not fail this time either. Your girls are about as resourceful with words as you are! Roosters still can be attractive - - to hens - - but your 'make-over' is brilliant and definitely goes better with your current home decor.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I knew you were clever. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely... always be kind to old chicken plates. I don't have any plates with animals, but I do have a few ceramic roosters that I have had for at least ten years and still love them sitting way up high atop my kitchen cabinets. Much better than pigs in the kitchen. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's so totally creative and cool...the plate spray painted...well yes, the Be Hind too :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well, aren't you just a crafty little thing? Martha better watch out!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thinking of new uses for old things is one of the best creative pastimes. Well done! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  14. You impress me to no end.

    ReplyDelete

You read it, now share your thoughts.