Pages

February 06, 2012

Flexing my botanical muscles.

This post is full of pictures and a few words too!

Last weekend our friends Kelly and Don (far left) came over from the East Coast for some merriment. 
Dinner, drinks and a concert (Zack Brown Band!) on Friday night with Joe and Tiff too.

We had too much fun!!!

How do you know you had too much fun? Sadly, you don't usually realize it until the next morning. 

The boys left for a car show on Saturday and Kelly and I hit the garden center! And not even the depot or lowes-t place....we did the exotic place that charge$ more! (but they have a better variety!)

Kelly is my go-to girl for all things green....my own personal Martha Stewart. But without the 'better than you attitude' and criminal record. 

Remember all those apothecary jars from Christmas? Of course you do!
They (and some others) were the recipients of an update!

Our potting table. 
 Mmmmm succulents!
 We added some pretty rocks to the bottom and then filled the jars with sphagnum moss...then we plopped in the plant with it's soil.
 Easy peasy lemon squeezy.

This baby went in our bathroom. Fancy...like 'Four Seasons' fancy. 
Now, when I shower, I start shouting orders to my non-existent maids.  They don't listen very well,  so I fired them all. 

These three cuties adorn the dining room table. 
 Doesn't this one look like a head of hair? Nice and full I'd say!



 We purchased these two little jars at Michaels. One of them sits on our kitchen bar and the other on our coffee table. It watches me drink my coffee. 
 This little succulent goes in the guest bath. I love him!
I've been keeping the plants moist by dropping an ice cube in every few days...so far they love it here...and who the heck wouldn't? Well, those maids didn't like it so much with all my yelling....

How was YOUR weekend? 
We've put our a/c on all this weekend. What the hey? Our heater has only run 3 nights since last winter. 
I think Al Gore knew what he was talking about. And that is inconvenient!!!

Happy Monday!

23 comments:

  1. I love how you used the apothecary jars for those gorgeous orchids and plants! They look so pretty and fancy.
    I just got back from Germany this Saturday and after several days with freezing temperatures, our temps in the 60's seem like summer to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, you're such a yeller! Love this shout out about the little green things you feed ice cubes to, they do look happy:) And what's this about having too much fun? Impossible! Maybe too much liquid embellishments, but never too much fun.... Happy Monday to you too Suz. Try to stay out of trouble:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love what you two did. You need to stick with her. She'll class you right up! I need to get me one of those Kelly people to help me out.
    Good job!
    m.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love this! I have been wanting to add some fresh live greenery to our home...you did wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We LOVE Zac Brown!!!

    Your posies are so pretty! Very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're so creative, and it does look rather posh at your place with all those fancy greens. Me likey a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  7. All of your plantings are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was wondering about the watering thing. An ice cube is pure genius!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. They all look great! I am a huge orchid fan.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So much beauty made with a few simple ingredients - just lovely! And how much fun is it to say "sphagnum moss" over and over again? Pretty good weekend with friends, music, crafts and floral gifts, from what I can see. And your temperature? Oh my my...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your talents never cease to amaze me!

    And your yelling never ceases to scare me. :(

    ReplyDelete
  12. You may have had too much fun at the concert, but it looks as if you recovered well enough to come up with some neat decorating ideas. We like our succulents, too, but they are all outside.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love them! That said, being ever the skeptic, I challenge you to give us another look at the plants in three months. Especially since you fired all the maids. Glad you enjoyed your visit with your friends.

    And yes, I fear Al Gore is absolutely right.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi There, Sounds like you all had a wonderful time together. My Texas kids love the Zack Brown Band too...

    Love all of your new plants. Succulants are so pretty and SO easy to keep.

    We are 'house-sitting' our neighbors Orchid --which looks like yours. She also told me to put in 3 ice cubes once a week... This one has purple blooms...

    I'm one who doesn't believe a word out of the mouth of Al Gore. YES---we are warm here --but look how cold Alaska and parts of Canada have been this winter.. It's just the year it is!!!!
    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  15. My weekend, thank you, was quite awesome, what with the Giants and all the rest :) I am singling you out at my blog, Suz, for an award. Not five people, not 100 people, just YOU :) Because you are so relentlessly cheerful and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the Zach Brown band! How fun. :) I could never keep plants like that. I bet my husband could though.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh Suz, love those!!! I want some.
    And your homies came all the way from the East Coast to visit you on the East Coast?! Crazy travelers. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Suz, It's been too long, I know.

    Love the plants! I am most intrigued by the ice cube trick! I will be trying it.

    I have not grown succulents indoors because I was afraid that bright indirect light wouldn't be sufficient. Am I wrong?

    I've missed you! XO

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh all of your plants are so pretty. I am really ready for Spring!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Come to my house and make it purty too!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm just impressed that you can put the plant in your bathroom and not knock it over. Guess you're a lot more graceful than moi!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love how your jars turned out, so beautiful. A home should have living things in it (besides the humans and animals). I love this idea, I might steal it, hope that's okay?

    You guys are all hot hot hot!

    ReplyDelete

You read it, now share your thoughts.