Pages

October 07, 2019

Smelling this and that


This:
I'm a self-proclaimed reed diffuser junkie. And I've only found a handful of brands that are actually worth the $$ to use. One of my favorite brands is Pier One. I honestly think the store charges too much for most everything, but their reed diffusers actually HAVE scent and are long-lasting. This ( White pumpkinis a great scent for this time of year; it's a nice sweet & subtle smell.






That: 
My newest (other)favorite smelly thing is Lume all-natural deodorant. 
How do I put this delicately.....Ummmmm.....I sweat like a man. 
A cute little construction type-working man, but a man just the same. 
I'm sure it's because I'm super healthy and the bad stuff just needs to be expelled from my body. Yeah, let's go with that. 

They have perhaps the best commercial-it's quite entertaining. 





The past few years I've been more aware of the chemicals that I don't really want to put on/in my body. And let's just think about all the glands in our pits that are so close in relation to the larger glands on our chest. 

This is an all-natural deodorant that actually works. I love it so much. I still sweat, but I never stink and really, that's the most important thing. I have the lavender and sage flavor and it smells really nice. Like me. 

Anything you've fallen in love with lately, I mean, aside from me? 
XOXO


22 comments:

  1. I bet the white pumpkin scent in the reed diffuser is wonderful. My 5 cats would be turning that over in no time!
    I had not heard of Lume. The commercial is hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Life certainly isn't as entertaining without the felines. :)

      Delete
  2. I've never tried diffusers, but I am very picky about the scented candles I use. They must be soy and the scent must be subtle and not floral.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've tried diffusers of all kinds and they just don't do it for me. I have discovered the brand DW Home candles at Marshalls/TJ Maxx/Home Goods. I absolutely adore these candles (particularly Vanilla Bean) because they smell so good and not overpowering.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to love candles, but there is someone in the house that doesn't appreciated them one bit. :)

      Delete
  4. Thanks for the tip, from a fellow heavy sweater!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I usually use wax melts and haven't tried reed diffusers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. 'It's open borders down there' - um, hilarious. I never heard of deoderants introducing bad chemicals to my pores/glands. Oh my. I suspect I justvhave not been paying attention.

    I have fallen in love with crockpot recipe for chicken tacos. So easy. Salsa, chicken, and seasoning. No one told me!!! I also love my new pants, but I already shared that long story with you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The commercial is a piece of comedy artistry. Did someone say tacos??

      Delete
  7. I use the aluminum kind it works

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it does work, but the chemicals scare me and my bits.

      Delete
  8. That commercial is HIGH-larious! I laughed out loud several times during it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Debra. Yeah, it was great. If you weren't on here, this is one of those things I would have emailed you. It's just so flippin' funny.

      Delete
    2. I've seen it a few times and it still gets me and my funny bone going!!

      Delete
  9. I could tell you or ... I could sing you!!! LOLOLOLOL. So fun.
    Oh no. It's fine, he's my husband. So bad. And funny. I'm giggling at my desk.
    Farty perfume. This is the best thing I've seen all day.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good review and informative. As you mentioned, we need to be careful on the chemicals before using it. After reading this post, I'm sure this white pumpkin scent is worth buying.

    You have got great blog here, following your blog now. Invite you to visit my blog, appreciate your follow back :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have seen that commercial -- hilarious advertising!! With my thyroid issues, I have never been one to sweat a lot.

    ReplyDelete

You read it, now share your thoughts.