Pages

January 11, 2018

50 years is a long time to be happy.


My Aunt Trisha and Uncle Jim celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary on 12/30/2017.
Thank goodness they decided to renew their vows and have a party because I LOVE a party...and I love them.

The Coach and I flew to ATL for the weekend festivities. Sadly, Lolo and Linds had to work; it's tough being a grownup.


AT and UJ were such an integral part of my childhood.....the good part of my childhood. AT and UJ didn't have kids until later in the game and because of that, they spent a good amount of time and energy trying to do their best for Mark and I. (Our parents were divorced and kinda all over the place.)

I recall nice family trips with them; camping, Disney, the Mountains. AT taught me how to set a table, create a dinner menu, clean a house, fold sheets....even those fitted ones. So, she may be why I throw a good shin-dig and can be the hostess with the hostess.
UJ was the one who let us sit on his lap and 'drive the car' way before we were old enough. Also, he taught us the fine art of putting potato chips on our hotdogs. You know, super important things.

Also, UJ was such a good man to my Mom; more than a brother in law, he was her hero.

So, the party was so lovely. The Coach and I were so excited to be a part of it all and to be of help.

I'm not sure if you're doing the math or not, but they married in 1967 and Suzanne was born in 1967.
I'm thinking I brought them all the good luck in their marriage. Yes, I DO try to make everything about me.

UJ, AT, my brother Mark (yes, he's precious!) and my Aunt Debbie. 
Was I at the wedding? Nope. The running joke is that I was most likely left in the car.....playing with the ashtray. Ok, I was 3 months old. Most likely I was in Miami with My Grandparents. Because I don't think they left me in the car until I was a bit older.....like 9 months.

AT, my G'pa Sullivan, my Dad and Mom

I so wish my Mom could've been here for this celebration. Oh, how she adores them both and was always so proud of their marriage.

Fun facts: AT and UJ met at a work function. (Southern Bell)
Check out this timeline:
They met on Labor Day weekend. (One week prior to my birth)
They were engaged on October 13th.
Married on December 30th.
And 50 years later, still very much in love.
They have such a beautiful relationship....based on love and mutual respect.



My Aunt Trisha thinks she spent about $12 on her dress.
They spent hardly anything on the wedding.....and no huge fanfare for their honeymoon.
Money doesn't make the wedding/marriage.



Mr and Mrs Damn and the whole Damn Family.
UJ's brother, both my cousins, Patrick and Christopher. Chris's wife and son, the Coach and I.





The happy couple. 

I wanted to have a childhood flashback with AT. "Tell me a story".....LOL


It was such a beautiful weekend celebrating them both. When we celebrate their 60th anniversary, we will do it all again. :)

XOXOXO









7 comments:

  1. Great shots....great fun!! 50 yrs is amazing....
    Nancy
    wildoakdesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful testimony to an awesome couple who went above and beyond the call of their marriage to mentor their niece/nephew! I know they were overjoyed you were there to help celebrate their marital longevity and bliss.
    Funny about the car and driving - - - I think many of us got to do that with our dads. It sure was fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such an awesome couple! I enjoyed all of the pictures very much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations to UJ and AT. Their courtship sounds a lot like ours. I can only dream about making it 50 years (I would be 1091).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a great party! They sound like a wonderful couple!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So wonderful!!! Whirlwind relationship...mine was much the same! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just have all kinds of tears in my eyes. They are so precious and I'm so happy every time I get to party with them at your house! I'm also very thankful that you had them then, and you have them now. I still think AT should have gone with gold lame'... xo

    ReplyDelete

You read it, now share your thoughts.