Pages

July 03, 2017

The Baby Book

My Mother was a very special kind of Mom.

She was the kind that loved us immensely, but also thought we could figure things out ourselves. (the opposite of today's helicopter parenting ways)
She was the kind that worked a lot after my parents divorced.
She was the kind that laughed a lot and also the kind that yelled a lot when her kids were slobs. And we were. 
She was also the kind that filled out every page of the baby book given to her when her kids were born.
Wait. WHAT?
I meant to say.....
She was the kind that filled out every page of the baby book given to her when her FIRST child was born.
Apparently she hadn't quite gotten to the point where she could fill out my book.


 Here is the first of many pages filled out  in Mark's book.













Here is a family tree for Mark. 
Here is Suzanne's first page of vital information. 





































Here is a family tree for Suzanne to cherish for the rest of her life.





































*snicker snicker*

Actually when I found this completely blank book after she'd passed away in 2015, I had a really good laugh.

The fact that she'd kept the book for 48 years was astonishing.
And I know for sure, she was laughing with me. 
I mean, I know that she was busy for those entire 48 years.....it's not like she wasn't gonna ever get to it. 
Right? 

I was pretty excited to see that I did get mentioned though.....in Mark's book for his Fifth Christmas. 






































In case you're wondering "new sister" is Suzanne. BTW, I wasn't THAT new...I was 3 months old andI did have a name. 

Gosh I wish she were here when I found this.....we could've laughed about this one forever.
I miss you Bev!



16 comments:

  1. Your Mom was such a very special lady. So thankful that I had the chance to spend the day with you guys.
    My brother and sis have nice baby books....mine however looks exactly like yours!!! lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Larry and Karen's explanation for my baby book being blank is that they got me at the zoo!

      Delete
    2. Oh my gosh.....it's an epidemic!!

      Delete
  2. I filled out part of my second child's book but she comments that I don't have many pictures of her. Guess what - - - on her second child, she has not kept up as well as the first either!!! However, she is working full-time - - - just saying, she has followed in my footsteps.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, apparently it's the way to go. :)

      Delete
  3. The same thing happened in our family. I'm not complaining, though, since I was the first-born!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I TOO am guilty --just like your Mom... FIRST CHILD got the fancy baby book filled out to the brim.... FIRST CHILD got all of the pictures.... Then--what happened???????? ha ha ha

    Your Mom and I had good intentions for sure ---but life changed with each new child..... CRAZY!!!!!

    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Any mother of multiple kids could relate!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am only on month 8 for Kaish. My 17 year old baby. What kind of terrible mother am I? I should do a month or two tonight, right? Sending love.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this post and it rings true for so many of us. What about you? Did both girls get the same treatment in their baby books?

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh my goodness i am laughing!!! i can hardly believe that she didn't at least get to THE FIRST PAGE - i think you just copy the family tree :) i'm glad you are laughing about it ...

    ReplyDelete
  9. i am cracking up over this...this is hilarious and i still have my baby books for my kids, not filled out but can't toss them either :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is so funny! Your mom must have been quite the character. Rebekah's book is filled in to overflowing. Jacob's is close. Ethan's? Well, I tried. Honestly, I did. I did fill out the first page, though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm afraid my baby books for the second and third child look just like your mom's. But I saved them, empty as they are!

    ReplyDelete

You read it, now share your thoughts.