Pages

July 04, 2016

Part Deux of our {surprise} Vow Renewal.

I've been postponing on posting this because I was waiting for the real photographers photos....apparently I'm gonna have to drive to Key West and put some pressure on her.


So, the Coach surprised me for our 25th wedding anniversary....with a bit of help from a wedding planner, our friends Don &Kelly and our super special girls.
A surprise wedding. 
Ok, a surprise VOW renewal. Not to be confused with a Vowel renewal....those only happen on The Wheel Of Fortune.

Be.Still.MY.heart.

I'm so glad I was wearing a cute dress and NOT yoga pants. Can you imagine? I would never have forgiven him. HAHA!

Our lovely officiant corralled us after all the 'surprise' excitement. She said we were going to renew our vows....me: "I've GOT nothing prepared!" Everyone laughed.....and she said she had them for us.

I honestly don't remember too much of what we'd said, but it was lovely; that I know for sure. And heartfelt.

I knew that the girls were seated behind us and they were both tearing up....even Lolo who NEVER cries. (how is she my offspring?)
It was perfect. (aside from the darn wind in my HAIR!)

Kelly brought a few bottle of champagne and we toasted to our blessed life. I had no idea my girls even enjoyed champagne...

See Lolo in the background here. Ok, that MIGHT have been posed. We're a funny family!

We proceeded to dinner down the street....well, it was quick for the girls. They had to head back right away as they had tickets/plans to attend a music festival in TAMPA starting the next day.

Our cake. I think this might have been better than our actual wedding cake. *snicker snicker*

Who knew that after all these (31+) years together that we'd still be making fireworks?

It was absolutely so perfect and wonderful. The Coach has always been so good at surprising me, but this one took the cake.




9 comments:

  1. That's so awesome! Congratulations :-) Not many folks get to renew vows!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so thankful God gave you this beautiful love. He made your story so remarkable. I am crying as I type. You looked beautiful. Although, you surely would have looked beautiful in yoga pants too. Thank you for being an inspiration to me. I look up to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous surprise for you! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is as good as a Hallmark Movie - - maybe even better! You two love each other so much and so do your girls. Precious, precious family!

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Make my heart smile" made me smile :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. so very sweet. love the barefoot-on-the-beach renewal.

    ReplyDelete
  7. WoW!! How truly special....I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love these pictures and you two are an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ok, this made me tear up. Such sweetness.

    ReplyDelete

You read it, now share your thoughts.