Pages

July 21, 2016

#23


Guess who had a birthday and decided she could grow up?

Our Lolo turned 23 on 7/13. I still remember my OB/GYN telling me she'd have to induce labor because of my hypertension and asked if I was superstititous.....she wanted to induce on the 13th and knew that eventually this child might have a b'day on Friday the 13th.  
Thank goodness I'm not THAT superstitious. (if you break a mirror in front of me, we're done though)
She's never been anything but good luck for me.

My sweet child who made me a Mama is really going out and living her life; more life than I'm comfortable with.

She graduated from college and was accepted into her first choice grad school.
A minute later she decided to NOT go to grad school.
A minute later she decided to join the Army.
About 20 minutes later she decided to go to the Police Academy.
So about 3 months ago my heart fell into my lower abdomen.

*sigh*

She's walking her own path.

Happy 23 to my favorite first born child. I love you to the moon and back and then about 10 million times.....and yah, I can't afford all that gas. But you know what I mean.


Lolo is such a deep thinker, a science seeker, a lover of facts and a kind soul to those who need one.
We couldn't be prouder.
I'm slacking on photos lately; this is a family capture from last month in NC for a family reunion.
XOXO
Happy Thursday.
Suz










12 comments:

  1. That first-born is certainly an achiever!!! Praise God for one so smart and obviously lovable who has clear positive direction in life. Praying for her to do well and be safe in her newly chosen profession. She will definitely be an asset to our society.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You (and Coach) have obviously dome many things right when raising this beautiful child.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So hard to just let them fly, even though we spend our lives teaching them to do just that. Never is or will be easy to be a mother. She is beautiful and has great parents. She'll be okay!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My heart sank when I saw she was going to be a policeman. I am so scared for them.
    I think she is beautiful on the inside and it shines through her smile. What a joy.
    You are a great mom.
    I will help you buy the gas. XO

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember you blogging her in high school just the other day, how did this happen? :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Few things in life are more fulfilling than to see a daughter grow into a fine woman and to know that she is not only your daughter but your friend. HAPPY BIRTHDAY Lolo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. awww. i hope she finds her true calling and excels at it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday to a beautiful, talented and very kind young woman. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope she has a wonderful birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. well happy belated birthday to her! the police academy?!! that is awesome and i know scary for mom. i hope she does well and really enjoys her work! love that photo of her against the wall with her puppy! cute family pic too!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. How are they growing up so fast! Congrats to your baby, and hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Belated happy birthday to your Lolo!
    My ob/gyn asked me the same thing when he scheduled my c-section on Friday the 13th in Sept. Of 1991. 😉

    ReplyDelete

You read it, now share your thoughts.