Pages

July 09, 2012

Lying will cause you to injure your bad digit.

I've become the biggest liar. 
So big, that my pants actually ARE on fire. Thats hot. 
We hosted a surprise 50th birthday party for my MIL on Saturday....and I've been lying for weeks. 

Don't get your panties in a bunch because you weren't invited. I didn't have your address.


Yes, I know she is YOUNG.
But since she is so good to us, the kids and Coach's dad, we won't hold her age against her. 
Having a surprise party means a lot of lying was going on.
Lying hurts my face and it does a number on my joints. 
The girls picked her up for a 'surprise' outing....and they blindfolded her. Twice. 
She was lucky to have air holes. 

All the party peeps were at our house waiting.

Coach's Dad arranged to have the party catered.
My favorite new word is Catered
Finally, someone in my house serving and cleaning...and it wasn't me!!!
Earlier in the morning I picked up one of her Sisters, a nephew, a cousin and the cousin's daughter at the airport. They flew in from Massachusetts. We lovingly refer to them as the Yankees. 
{So, if they are Yankee's...does that make me a rebel? Funny, I don't even feel rebellious today}. 

Another sister drove over from the East Coast too. It was great being with all the Yankee's and some other non Yankee's too. She comes from a large family with 6 other siblings. 
I bet you are thinking: Catholic and Irish.
Ding Ding Ding. YOU win a prize.

G'ma Judy with her 5 grandkids. 
And here she is with her favorite Daughter in law.  
I'm everyone's favorite. Just ask me.

And if you were just thinking: That Suz is a saint.... I'll give you the finger.  
I was in a hurry cutting limes moments before the (30) guests arrived....and I almost took the tip off. Of course, at the same time the skies opened up, rain poured, lightening cracked and Ozzie pee'd on the kitchen floor. 
Who needs more entertainment than that?
No one. That's who. 






25 comments:

  1. Looks like a great celebration! I think it is cute that she was kidnapped and blindfolded BUT she has her purse (kinda like the Queen!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys were so good to her. If there wasn't the eensiest chance you weren't her favorite before the party, you locked it up tightly after this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. At first, I thought you had a typo and meant to type "SIL". So then I had to try to remember all your Family dynamics and then my head started to hurt and so I gave up.
    So how about I just wish your MIL a very Happy Birthday and stop right there! Sound good?
    m.
    p.s. Your girls are so cute.
    See, that's how you compliment one's kids without sounding like a creepy stalker. Get my hint!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like it was a great time! So glad you had a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow...I am old enough to be your MIL! But I didn't have kids until I was 27 so they are still youngins.

    Looks like it was a great party...after the lightning and pee of course :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm old enough to be your grandma! Looks like you all had fun! Suz you crack me up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh, it looks like sooo much fun, but i will send you my addy, that way, you will be sure to send me an invite!! lmao!!! gotcha!! and your poopster peepeed on the floor? so he is afraid too of storms....he should come hang out with the girlies. they could snuggle together! poor lil fella. or maybe that was his present for gramma judy?? lol i"m glad everything turned out so good, except for the finger of course, that was not cool. hope you have a wonderful monday. xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hooray for catered parties!!

    We have some Yankees in our family, too. I love a Yankee! Good thing since my Dad is from NY :)

    Your finger incident is exactly the sort of thing has caused sharp knives to be banned from my use.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like a great time was had by all. You are definitely the hostess with the mostest!

    Yikes, I hope your finger heals quickly. I think daily doses of freshly squeezed lemon juice poured over it helps. No? Oh, I thought I heard that somewhere....

    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  10. CATERED! i am so thankful!!!!!! but here i thought you were buzy buzy buzy :) haha!! YOU are the BEST hostess, catered or not :) and i know that she appreciated all your effort. and i STILL hope you got sunday to rest! especially with the injury!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Birthday, G'ma Judy!
    So funny, I posted a pic on MY blog this morning involving a certain middle finger, too! We are KA-RAZY!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fun day. Yes, catered is the way to go, especially if they also provide the china and silver.

    Your M-I-L looks totally amazing for 50!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I hope that last-minute downpour put out your pants-on-fire. What a splendid party! Well done, Suz, Coach and caterers! (There are times when a gal's gotta do what a gal's gotta do, and once it a while, that means caterers!)
    Suz, you look FABULOUS. Your family does, too, but you look extra-fab. xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ozzie! too funny! No one need more entertainment than that - I'm still laughing!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looks like lots of fun was had by all and you didn't have to get stressed out over cooking and cleaning. :-)
    You and the girls are beautiful and you and coach make a great couple!

    ReplyDelete
  16. awww, i'm old enough to be your MIL. looks like you guys had a blast and i sure hope your finger heals soon.

    thanks again dear Suz, your earrings will be on their way tomorrow.

    cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Catered....what a beautiful word. It looks like a wonderfully fun party. Really entertaining! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I LOVE your dress! It is a beautiful color and very complimentary to you!!! You look like you are slimmer than you used to be?
    Bless your heart with all the last minute excitement. It sounds like our house at times. The party appears to have been a huge success. You are precious to do that for her. And the Yankees flying in is phenomenal.
    Floridians don't count as Rebels. Most people consider Florida residents transplanted Yankees.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I hate to say this, but it sounds as if you are a good and successful liar. But it looks as if the surprise was complete and the party was a complete success.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Looks like great fun (and cute blue dress, by the way), riiiiight up to the point where you almost sever your poor finger. Ouch! Hope you heal super fast.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Isn't it amazing how much goes into planning things like this and how if something is going to go wrong it will always happenin the last 30 minutes prior to....Hope you heal fast and the party looked super!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Looks like a great time was had by all!!! And you look adorable in that cute Summer dress.
    So sorry about your finger. : (
    Thank you for your well wishes on Emily's twins. We're so excited. : )
    xo,
    Mary Lou

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Suz, I'm sure the party went well--and I'll bet that your MIL was very surprised... I wouldn't want to go back to 50 and do it all again--almost 20 yrs. ago. But---I'll admit that I never had a wonderful DIL like you!!!!!

    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love that you celebrate in a big way : )
    I adore your favorite word. I wouldn't mind if I had a full time caterer live here in the house. Maybe you can send a memo to Gary telling him I need one. I am sure he will go for it ; )

    ReplyDelete
  25. Your mil is a hawtie! LOL.

    ReplyDelete

You read it, now share your thoughts.