Pages

September 30, 2017

Traveling and turning the big 50


I've been talking about my 50th birthday trip since I was.....um, around 46?
We've visited Costa Rica twice before and I knew it was where I wanted to return to for the big 5 0.

We started the trip details back in January along with 3 other couples.
We rented a fabulous house on the beach in Tamarindo; the house had all the creature comforts....ya know, many bedrooms, a gorgeous pool/spa, gourmet kitchen, a chef and housekeeper, a gym and golf carts for us to tool around town in.
 Unbeknownst to me, my friends brought along lovely decorations and more presents than I deserve!



 We even had our own custom made Yeti's for the trip!


We all enjoyed playing in the pool.....just give us a few beers and balls and we're kiddos again.

The view from the chickie hut looking out to the pacific was magical....we saw a few humpback whales while here. That was a first for all of us. 


And this guy visited us daily. Too bad iguana's aren't that cute, but I never let him know this....surely they have feelings too. 



 We had an excursion one day that included a beautiful Costa Rican lunch and then a boat ride along a river where we saw many crocodiles, howler monkeys and lots of lovely birds. Also, we stopped and saw this gorgeous waterfall. FYI: The Coach and I declared this was the most perfect meal...and it was cooked in an outdoor kitchen/grill.








My sweet friends arranged for a birthday dinner one evening prepared by a local Chef; it was
magical!


 They made a lot of these really cute caption cards for us to play with all week.



And they even created these lovely menu cards for my birthday dinner.
Please note, the date is incorrect because we had to move UP the special dinner because of IRMA!

Am I a little angry at Irma?
Why, yes, I am.

Do I love my husband and sweet friends? yes I DO! They made my birthday so special.
This is only the first part of our trip.....It was extended because of IRMA. (there I go, being angry again)

I'll post the second part soon because since I'm getting OLD, I may forget otherwise. 

XO

6 comments:

  1. A chef And a housekeeper!!!! That is the cherry on top of the sundae. You should have brought them home as souvenirs!
    Seriously though - - Praising God that you were celebrated in such a wonderful way. You are worth celebrating everyday! Thank you for sharing the vacation with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Believe me, you're still a kid Suz. I'm glad you had a wonderful birthday trip -- until Irma decided to show up and spoil the fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy happy birthday Suz! Glad you still were able to have a fabulous time away in paradise! How amazing does that river cruise sound!
    Later this month we are celebrating my hubby's 50th!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow---that may be the most amazing 50th birthday celebration I have ever heard of..... LOVE LOVE LOVE your 'beach house'.... WOW WOW WOW....

    Congrats on turning 50... NOW---life begins again....

    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Belated HAPPY BIRTHDAY! May this year turn out to be the best ever.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look like you are 30!
    I am glad God has given you such a great husband.
    Your friends are the best.

    ReplyDelete

You read it, now share your thoughts.