Pages

June 27, 2014

Vacation is all I ever wanted….

We decided to have our summer vacation closer to home this year. We've had so much going on that it ju$t made sen$e. 

If you've never been there, you should go if possible. It's different from any other animal or 'theme' park I've been to; it's very low key. Bonus: they limit the number of guests daily.

Do you know that I don't enjoy huge crowds?
I know….surely you like a huge crowd. 

You pay one price and it includes everything for the day. Food. Drinks. Snacks. Bird poop. 

I had read prior to our trip that you should visit the aviary first because the scary flying things birds are hungry in the a.m. 
So we did. 
And were they.
They flew in at us...with those TALONS. 

There was screeching and thrashing involved. And that's how my girls roll. 

A bird in the hand and….one on the head. 
Lolo loves anything with a heartbeat. 
Then we swam with the fishes. 
They have a great coral reef that is full of colorful fish and those guys with the big stinging pokie things.
I'm not a great snorkeler. I tend to hyperventilate…..you know, because I am a dramatic person.
 Since I have snorkeled {and hyperventilated} in Costa Rica, it wasn't that big of a deal for me. 
Yes. I'm ruined. 
The biggest part of our day was our dolphin interaction. It's only 30 minutes long but it seemed much longer. Talk about a thrilling visit….we 'met' several dolphins. UP close. 
These dolphins are so sweet and really seemed to enjoy their visit with us as well. 

I'm close and personal friends with a few of them; you could say they 'friended' me. 
They are amazing creatures and I'll not be happy until I have one of my very own.  
Lester the dolphin.
This was an educational (and I'm opposed to learning) and relaxing day. 
Even the Coach was impressed with Discovery Cove….and he isn't impressed with much!

There are several other areas to visit and a fabulous lazy river too. We spent a good part of the day here (8:30-4:00) and enjoyed ourselves.

Now…where is my pet dolphin?




17 comments:

  1. That is so cool! I understand the hyperventilating part of snorkeling...every time I put my head in the water, it would take my breath away! I think it's because we're used to not being able to breathe underwater...I kept having to tell myself to breathe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like a really great day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. no fair, i want a discovery cove here! wow, how awesome...the website is pretty cool too, i think i'll just let that play on my computer for a while and sit in the bathtub!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Any place that restricts the number of people is my kind of place. Looks fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have not heard of this place. Sounds perfect for you guys. John and I don't own swim suits!!! Those birds are amazing!
    Hope you all have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a great vacation! We did the swimming with the dolphins in the Caribbean and I am still amazed by it today. It was awesome! I am your newest follower.

    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want one too! Course I guess I'd have to be close to water. Dang!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like a great vacation. I'd like to swim with the dolphins someday.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh how fun! Looks like a blast! I'm not a crowd person and this is great! Now, where is this?

    ReplyDelete
  10. so happy to finally SEE some of your pictures!!!! i am so glad you all loved it... SO much better without a troop of girls you can almost-not-stand!!! i love the birdie pictures!! great shot of coach with the bird on his head!!!! i am definitely going back again some day :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a cool place!! I'll have to look and see where it's at, maybe we can make a trip there one day. I know the girls would love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This looks like a wonderful place to visit. I like the idea of a limited number of visitors. When are you going to get your own dolphin?

    ReplyDelete
  14. This looks great. I've never been there but I'll add it to the list for the visiting relatives. Anytime you get to hob nob with dolphins, looks like a good time to me!

    ReplyDelete

You read it, now share your thoughts.