Pages

August 16, 2017

This, That and The Other Thing~ The lightning edition.

Lately if I'm able to get a blog post together, they seem to be best in small random doses.

This:
Linds traveled with some friends recently. Since she and Lolo live together and Lolo works 12 hour shifts, Lo really depends on Lindsay to help her with Max. (Lolo's baby) Well, who gets to fill in when Linds is unavailable?
G'ma and G'pa. Or in this case, just G'ma since G'pa was off coaching softball. Max had 8 days at our house; Callie and Cocoa seemed to enjoy the change of pace.

Max loves us all....but he REALLY loves his Mama!
He couldn't get enough of her when she came to retrieve him.


That:
Speaking of dogs.....we've had some atrotious rain storms with a lot of lightning. I caught the dogs enjoying some front door sunshine one day after a big storm had passed.
*sigh, we survived another one*

The other thing:

Speaking of storms.
On Sunday afternoon it was PERFECTLY clear in our front when a bolt of lightning hit a tree.
I actually saw it out of my peripheral. Scared the bejesus out of me. It started a fire in the tree.....I had to call 911. (my first time!) Luckily, since we've been having so much rain, it went out fairly fast. A deputy was on our street and came immediately followed by the firemen.

The victim tree is in the middle of this cluster.

All is well, but I was shaken up. It's about 30-40 feet from our front door and I was thinking of all the times I'm outside piddling around in the gardens....with not a worry in the world.

It reminded me of when we were on vacation about 10 years ago and came home to a hole (the size of a basketball) in our tile roof and our appliances/tv's were going bonkers. We'd been hit by lightening and luckily our house did not catch on fire.

On Monday a friend was here working on our electronics (lot of issues from the Sunday bolt) when he was walking to his truck something and a bolt of lightening hit just outside of our property.
WHAT? It's like we have a target on our home or something.

So scary.
It blew out our a/c, security system, gate keypad, water system and some home automation.

We're slowing getting everything working again and we know how lucky we are; it could always be worse.

Mother Nature is angry about something and I swear it isn't me!! I'm doing more than my fair share.

Now I'm super paranoid about being outside.....I'm gonna go pasty white and misplace lots of caterpillars.  Woe is me....



11 comments:

  1. Welcome to the Pasty White Club! I cannot tolerate the hot sun! Your dogs and Max are so cute. I love all the pics. Lightning hit our friend's home about a week ago and started a fire. So thankful you are safe. Big hugs to you and the family and fur babies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can hardly believe you got hit AGAIN! You are doing more than your fair share, so what is up with Mother Nature?!?!?! I'm so sorry you are dealing with this. And yes - BEE careful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a frightening thing that must have been. Glad the fire was out quickly and that it wasn't any worse. Love the dogs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good afternoon, Suz, I love reading about your daughers and your fur babies. You are so good to take them in! And the storm? That is pretty scary. I'm glad to hear you are all okay. Someday I want to visit you at your place...it sounds like a vacation destination (without the lightning!) I hope this finds you well. ~Natalie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good Gosh, Suz... That is SCARY... Glad you are okay and glad your home is okay... Maybe it's your dynamic personality attracting all of that lightning....???????? ha

    Yes---Mother Nature is definitely angry. Look at what she is doing to the Houston area...

    Continue praying for Mark. He has 4.5 inches in his garage now and it's coming into his front door stoop..... The water keeps rising and he is in Northwest Houston --away from the coast.... At least his home is on the 2nd floor (he is in a townhouse) --so he is safe.... BUT not his vehicles.... SAD ---and Mark feels as if he needs a big break from all of this tragedy in his life in August. Keep him in your prayers please.

    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow i hope you are done with the lightning scares! when we lived in georgia, before we moved here to virginia...a storm was going on and i happened to look out the window into the backyard when a bolt of lightning hit one of our pine trees...it was crazy loud and bright...it didn't start a fire but parts of the tree shot right off and of course killed it...it was kind of cool to see ;) love the pics of the pups in the sunshine and max and mama...ashlyn's little riley is the exact same way!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My dear blog friend,
    I have been watching the news of Irma for a couple of days now and am so concerned for all of you in Florida. I'm not sure what part of the state you live in, but it sounds like everyone needs to prepare their properties and evacutate. Please know that I am keeping you in my thoughts and pray for you and your family's safety. Take care, ~Natalie

    ReplyDelete
  8. My dear blog friend,
    I have been watching the news of Irma for a couple of days now and am so concerned for all of you in Florida. I'm not sure what part of the state you live in, but it sounds like everyone needs to prepare their properties and evacutate. Please know that I am keeping you in my thoughts and pray for you and your family's safety. Take care, ~Natalie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Been thinking of you! Hoping your family is safe ❤

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh how scary!!! I've been thinking of you with the hurricanes hitting the States. Hope you and yours are well.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, that's scary! I would be petrified to go outdoors, too! You sound like us. We have had lightning run into our house twice. Thank the Lord we were here and I smelled the carpet melting the first time. The second time we thanked the Lord Ethan had actually put up his folded clothes since the wire (cable) was right under his laundry earlier in the day.

    I haven't heard how you fared Irma. Are you OK? Hugs.

    ReplyDelete

You read it, now share your thoughts.