Pages

August 14, 2015

I fell off the blog again; but I can almost see the light.

It's been a flurry of activity around this place.
Well, here and there.
Last Friday I had my laser vision surgery. It went well. Kinda. I had a bit of anxiety just thinking about this; you know, laying there with your eyes WIDE open and a big a$$ laser coming in for the kill. Actually that was the easy part. Easy thanks to Valium. The Dr. prescribes this prior; that stuff is amazing. Did you know it really relaxes you? Makes you not so concerned about a big a$$ laser coming in for the kill!
Anyhoo....the procedure lasted approx. 6 minutes. Seriously.
I did not have the typical LASIK. With Lasik, you can pretty much see perfectly the next day; I was not a candidate for that. I had ASA (advanced surface ablation). This is a longer recovery time with a few days of hell in there for fun.
The weekend consisted of me cussing, sleeping (hello vicadin!) listening to music and a bit more cussing. The Coach had to prepare food for me....I couldn't even tell what he put on the plate, but I ate it, hoping he didn't want to collect the life insurance quite yet.
I was wearing my sunglasses day and night because light was not my friend. By Sunday I felt better, but still couldn't see. No Reading. No TV watching to be had.
By Monday though, there was much improvement.
On Tuesday I drove myself to my followup appointment without hitting anything.
They put bandage contact lenses on after the surgery and these come off today. I'm told that my vision will get better over the next few weeks; right now my distance is iffy, my up-close is okay.
(They lasered one eye for reading and one for distance)
This past Tuesday morning while showering I was actually able to read the ingredients on my shampoo bottle. Do you have any idea what we are putting on our scalps? All these years, I had no idea.....

Not being a slave to my glasses is already one of my favorite things!

***

This weekend we are hosting two parties. (NOT at our house) One for Coach's softball team to celebrate the end of their travel season and the fact that they won the World Series.
Then we're hosting a summer party for our employees and their families. We've got 123 people signed up!
See why it's not going to be at our house? HA.

Also we've finalized the plans for my Mom's internment service, which happens in a few weeks. It's going to be beautiful....just like Beverly.
Thanksgiving 2012


And if we didn't have enough going on, we are starting a major renovation in our house in the next few weeks; something we've talked about for a few years.
I'm selling furniture, packing up our kitchen and making plans for moving from the front of our house to the back side of our house.
Our craft/laundry/office will be our temp. kitchen for the next 3 months. The kids old playroom will be our master bedroom for the next three months. I'm nervous, but excited. Walls are coming down; interior and exterior. Floors are being destroyed.
I can already smell the dust.
I might need some more valium.

Of course, I'll share photos.

I'm going to try and catch up on some reading...especially now that I can kinda do that sort of activity.
So, anything exciting happening in your life? Sharing is caring.
XOXO



18 comments:

  1. I'm glad your surgery went well and your eyesight is getting better already. Just the thought of the laser coming towards my eye gives me hives. Not something I could do... Good luck with your parties and the big reno project!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so glad you survived and can see! you're a glutton for punishment, though. good luck w/ the renov!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It doesn't sound as if you're going to have much time for reading or watching TV over the next few months. But I'm glad the eye procedure went well and your vision is improving.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad the procedure is over and you are doing well. I'm tired just thinking of all the renovations. Good luck. Give some serious thought to leaving Coach with the dog and cats and checking in to a high-class hotel. Just sayin'

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, your surgery sounds almost identical to my stepdaughters eye surgery. The recovery is longer but the outcome will be wonderful. I'm glad you made it through the hard part. You are one busy lady with the parties and the renovation. I'm sure everything will be wonderful. You will need a vacation to Tennessee after all of that. Right? Ha ha Big hugs, Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thankful last weekend is over with and your eyes are improving. Congrats again to Coach's awesome team. Wow! TWO parties. You are going to be tired! Your Mom was very special and I'm thankful to have had the chance to spend time with her (and each of you).
    Best wishes with the reno. Word of advice: the sheetrock dust makes me very sick and bothered a couple of our cats - be as careful as possible!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Eye surgery and renovations! That is exciting. Me? Hmmm. Got excited to pick my first butternut squash from the garden today. Does that count?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad to hear your eye surgery went well!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You're brave, i couldn't face a lase near my eyes, but braver still for tearing your house apart!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on eye surgery and the softball team win! Sounds like you are a Busy Bee!
    Happy End of Summer!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm glad you are on the mend from the laser. I don't know if I could deal with eye surgery. Yikes! I'm so looking forward to hearing about the reno. I love stuff like that.

    ReplyDelete
  12. they won the world series?!?!?! you didn't tell me that part! they have an awesome coach :) and coach's wife!
    maybe next week you'll be able to shoot the lasers? there must be a separate training class for that!
    i know your mom's service will be beautiful... i wish i could go. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey, congrats on having the ovaries to have that surgery. :P

    I KNOW I couldn't handle it. But, hey, I DID go get new contacts this weekend, so that's something. AND, I now have one lens for distance and one for reading, just like your eye. hahaha!

    Hope the healing AND the remodeling go quickly!!

    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm so relieved that your eyes are improving. Not being able to see would be so terrifying to me. Good luck with the house reno! Yikes, sounds like a big job! Hope everyone survives. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I hope you're able to see better than you have in years...soon! Love that photo of your mama and the girls.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow. Glad the surgery went well. I fall off my blog a lot so I only sporadically visit others but it's always nice to come here and see what you're up to. Always something interesting. And I love to hear about renos. Lovely photo of your lovely mom too. x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh my goodness you HAVE had a lot going on. I hope that soon your eyes will be better than ever before and your parties....legendary :)

    ReplyDelete

You read it, now share your thoughts.