Pages

October 28, 2011

I'm a loser and so are plastic bags.

I have been fighting a cold 'tooth and nail' since Sunday and I've lost.
What the heck does tooth and nail mean anyway?? I dunno, but it has been rattling around in my head all week. And I am a loser.
*achhhhhooooo*
The cold won on Thursday morning.
*fists in the air*
Damn you cold!!!!!

I had been drinking tons of this vitamin C supplement:


And yes, I got the kind with joint juice in it. (I swear, my hostile knee feels better!)
I've also been diligent with my meds. AKA: childrens vitamins.
I 've got plenty of rest, drank NO wine and even worked out 3 days this week.
*achooooooo*


The lesson here: If a cold virus wants you, just give in and get it over with. Go ahead, lick the germy escalator handrails at the mall.  twice.

Now, after all that medical advice, please send me your insurance card and co-pay. I accept cash. dirty, germy cash.

****

And now for a lesson in environmental awareness.
You know how many times I have told you people to stop using plastic bags? tons and tons of times, I am sick of saying it really.
*achoooo*

See this pretty face? Notice the two pretty eyes?


Well, on Friday night of last week, one of those two pretty eyes were almost ruined by a plastic bag.
I swear.
During a band competition, Linds and her dance-mates were sitting in the stands waiting for their performance time. One of her friends (earth killer) was walking around with a plastic bag...all willy nilly and accidentally hit Linds in the eye with the corner of the bag.
It hurt her.
And several hours later... after she performed on the field, the pain really came to fruition.
Her eye was bloody red (broken blood vessels) and she was a'hurting. (scratched cornea)
After some meds and cold compresses, her eye was much better by Monday morning.
*Damn those plastic bags*








Blog friends have a special place in my heart....as do our 'real' friends. And I've lost one of each this past week.   RIP Lakeland Jo. 

A few of my blog friends are being challenged right now by health issues....and that weighs heavily on my heart as well. Oy. 
If only I could quiet my mind and tell my heart that everything will be ok.  Which, I probably could, but those other voices in my brain are so loud and annoying. 




Have a beautiful weekend doing something fun with those you love. And vow not to use plastic bags!!
 (or blind anyone accidentally on purpose) 

XOXOXOOXOXOXOOXOXOXOOXOXOXOOXOXOXOXOXOOXOXO

Hey, I don't mean to be a Debbie Downer...but I'm all hopped up on Children's Dimetapp. 

23 comments:

  1. I am sorry about your friend Jo, I stopped over, a lovely woman for sure. And the eye, oh man...I scratched a cornea in high school and had to wear a patch for a week..man how times change...I feel your heavy heart - there is a lot of "yuck" out there right now...for many

    ReplyDelete
  2. Suz, all sadness in this post. What's a guy who only makes inappropriate comments suppose to do with this?
    Get better soon.
    Hope Lind's get her baby-blue eye back again.
    My heart goes out to Jo's Family.
    Take care.
    m.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Suz, I'm so sorry about your friend Jo. My heart goes out to her family and friends.
    I hope you are feeling better and Lind's eye is healing quickly. I hate those nasty plastic bags, but had no idea they could be used as a weapon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sometimes life is just the shitz (see my Sat post)

    Silliness aside, I'm so sorry Suz, these things are heart hurting....

    Glad Linds still sees, your cold is on the mend (?) and that life goes on.

    Memories are precious, plastic stinks and you are a gem....

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sorry you've been feeling bad, but I like your solution of just giving in! Lol! Take some Nyquil...if that doesn't quiet your brain chatter for a while, nothing will. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with you on the cold - - - if it won't let go, just go to bed and sleep it off. Chicken soup really does help, too. I'm with you on the vitamin thing.
    Tooth and nail means to fight with every thing you've got and to hang on with all your might. And how do I know that? It's not something a librarian keeps in her head - - - but rather looked on the internet at this site. (Actually I went to Google and queried the phrase.)
    http://www.google.com/#sclient=psy-ab&hl=en&source=hp&q=tooth+and+nail+quote+origin&pbx=1&oq=tooth+and+nail+quote+origin&aq=f&aqi=&aql=1&gs_sm=e&gs_upl=2601l6551l0l7576l9l8l0l0l0l0l234l1037l2.3.2l8l0&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.,cf.osb&fp=250116ba2d339486&biw=1280&bih=557

    ReplyDelete
  7. P.S. Scratched corneas are quite painful. One of my daughters and I have both had one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hopped over here from a comment you left at The EO. You are too adorable. Love this post and your humor!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So sorry to hear about your friend, Jo. That is never easy news to hear. Sometimes it feels like there is so much hurt and sadness everywhere. Ugh. I hope you feel better soon, friend. We can't have you all hopped up on children's dimetapp for very long. : )

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Hon..I think that cold caught you because of all of the stress! I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your friend. I've learned IRL and on-line friendships can be equally as strong. Sending hugs. Steph

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am so sorry about your friend.
    I hope you feel better soon. Love, Beck

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, Suz. It's quite all right to be a Debbie Downer for a while. Just wallow in your cold symptoms, renew your crusade to rid all plastic bags, hug your recovered Linds, and sip your joint juice.

    "Tooth and nail" means a primitive fierce fight just like the animals do. Hence, using the weapons of the animals...biting, tearing and clawing and scratching.

    On a serious note...I followed the link to Lakeland Jo's blog. She seems to have been one brave woman who will be missed by many. What a wonderful connection cyberspace gives us that we learn to care so deeply for our blogger friends.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Tennis balls are evil as well. I was almost blinded by one when I was a teen. And yes, I still managed to pass the PE test in tennis!

    ReplyDelete
  14. And I'm very sorry for the losses you have suffered this week. Losing someone is never easy. {{HUGS}}

    ReplyDelete
  15. Bummer about the eye incident! Glad it is healing :)

    I own no less than 50 cloth bags...toting to work and back and for groceries. The favorite is one made from a cat food bag! I'll bet your dogs would let you use an empty dog food bag! the bag is large and strong.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I hope that you feel better soon, dear Suz. And your precious girl's eye! - I hope it's healing perfectly.
    Jo's passing made me sad, as well. She was such a lovely soul, and I loved reading her posts. She is missed here, too.
    HUGS to you, Suz! xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  17. awwww, i send you a refrigerator box full of hugs, and gifts. bless your little sneezzin heart. i also hope your sweeties eye heals up quickly. they are so pretty, nuttin should ever get near them, but make up.

    but not the kind that burns.

    i am sad to hear that Jo passed away. i pray for peace and healing for her whole family, and for your lil loving heart, too. theres no way you can keep your heart out of your life, it wouldnt be you. yes, it gets hurt alot, as mine does, but it gives more love than anything else. and that's being green for the soul, eh?

    luv ya, suz...

    someday i'm gonna get those doggies.... yep, someday.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm sorry to hear about your cold and the fact that it seems to be winning. I only get two colds a year. Of course, each lasts for six months, but that's another story. I hope Linds is feeling better as well. A scratched cornea is no trivial thing. Perhaps we could require a license (available for a big fee) to carry around plastic bags.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I hereby solemnly declare and avow (hand on heart) never to hit anyone in the eye with a plastic bag. I do solemnly declare and affirm that I will not knowingly buy said plastic bags. (but I will reuse the ones that are 'given' to me and scoop up my doggy's doo doo with them.
    AMEN.
    p.s. Sweet words about JO. It's a sad world sometimes but thank the LORD that you are still in it.
    hugs :-))

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm so sorry for your loss, Suz. I hope you can focus on the fact that she is in the good place where she is no longer plagued with illness and pain. It's trite, but true.

    Plastic bags as weapons....don't say it too loud around right wingers. They'll form the NPBA (National Plastic Bag Association)and their lobbyists will have our government creating laws to insure those bags stay around forever.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I can't believe a plastic bag could do that. That's terrible! Poor girl!

    And I am so very sorry to hear about the sadness. :(

    ReplyDelete
  22. I'm sorry to hear you lost a friend. Sad days. People we like and love are the world.

    I hope you feel better this week!

    ReplyDelete

You read it, now share your thoughts.