Pages

May 16, 2019

All the good stuff: dolphins, ducks, zebras, rugs and an eagle.


Last Saturday was an epic day for me. Nothing big or crazy happened, but the small things that happened were ALL positive. I had some good mojo flowing.


It started with my cup of coffee. I was drinking it and looking out onto the bay. (When our little condo isn't rented, we use it when we have time) I saw a porpoise frolicking around our dock and I'm just a tad bit obsessed with dolphins.






What a way to start my morning! I was thinking of joining him in the water, but then I remembered I was still sipping my coffee....what kind of person can have physical activity before they've finished a cup of joe? 


Shortly thereafter I had to head home to release some butterflies. 

On the way home I watched as several cars in front of me stopped to let a mama duck cross with her 6-7 babies. I just love it when people care. It was a very busy street, so otherwise, they might not have made it. 

I had two healthy monarchs and then I checked my gardens. I planted passion vine a long time ago and I always have a lot of Gulf Fritillary larvae on them. I had been reading about Zebra longwings lately as I see them in our yard too, but I've never seen the larvae before....until Saturday! I found one and I thought I might pee my yoga pants.

It doesn't take much to get me excited lately or pee my yoga pants for that matter.
Also, if you plant it, they will come.

On my way back to the condo, I hit green light heaven. If you live in my town and you know of the street I had to take for the 8-9 miles...it's riddled with traffic and stop lights.
I had every GREEN LIGHT. I couldn't believe my luck!

Then there was a Pottery Barn Rug sale event that landed in my lap. (laptop) I got the most beautiful wool rugs for SUPER CHEAP and I couldn't believe how happy that made me. Cocoa had many accidents on our dining room rug and we threw it out months ago, so I've been on the hunt for one there and a matching one for our sitting area. booyah!

Later Coach and I went out to dinner at the Marina. After eating we were walking around and looking at all the BIG boats and just chit chatting, working off some of our dinners when out of the blue a huge bald eagle flies right over us only about 15 feet in the air.
I was giddy with joy! And maybe giddy with that glass of wine too.

I don't recall having a day like that or perhaps I was just more in tune with all the positive things. I'm going to try and relish the little good things daily and see if maybe it's happening more than I think.

Has anything awesome happened to you lately? Sharing is caring.

4 comments:

  1. Its lovely to start the day seeing the dolphins, lucky you got that opportunity. And yes, that Larvae looks bit scary...

    ReplyDelete
  2. The little things in our daily lives are often the most positive. It sounds as if you had an awesome day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My best day this week came after I discovered a mouse had chewed two areas in the back of the passenger seat. That's not the good part. The good part came when my claims analyst met me at the car dealership. The really good part came when my service rep told me the cost for repairs would be $6,789.26 and the claims analyst said, "Go ahead with the repairs." And the best part of the day came when the claims analyst looked at me and said, "Your cost will be the fifty dollar deductible and you are covered for a loaner while they make the repairs."

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww..Suz...Isn't it great to have a whole day of "good things"? What a blessing and it makes it easier to deal with some not-so-great days, too. What state is your condo in? We have been thinking of a condo in FL and then having it rented out when we are not there. Has that worked out well for you? xo Diana

    ReplyDelete

You read it, now share your thoughts.