Pages

April 13, 2018

TGIF~Remember Easter?

Happy Friday Ya'll

I'm not quite sure why Friday is always such a big deal, most of MY days are about the same, but when there is special abbreviation for ONE day, then you have to get excited about it.

I've been under the weather this week....some sort of weird bug I picked up somewhere. Most likely I picked it up at Publix, where I pick up all the other stuff for our life.
Anyhoo....food has not been a friend of mine for a few days even though my body/belly want it. But then, my body/belly repels it.

***

Both of the girls were home for Easter Sunday.
For me, that is quite the celebration.

When your grown girls (22 & 24) ask to color eggs, you color eggs.
Ok. Maybe only one asked to color eggs. But hey, she's the Popo, so I've got to adhere or I'll get some sort of Easter violation ticket. 



I made my Mom's famous Easter cake. Ok, maybe it's only famous to our family.....or anyone who has the cake Dr. Cookbook. 






Apparently, I'm grasping onto the good ole days as I hid eggs for the girls to hunt. 
It took them exactly 6 mintues to find all 16 eggs. 
Apparently, my egg hiding skills are sliding. 
But hey, I get points for the fact that I put $$ and gift cards in the eggs. 

Am I buying their love and attention?
Nahhh....
They really come for the food.
It was a good day.

Have a sweet weekend!
Now, if I could just eat a meal like a normal person, all would be great.

XOXO



6 comments:

  1. Probiotics - - Culturelle! That stomach bug has hit our area - - - again! So far - - knock on wood on Friday the 13th - - we have avoided it. I am reading horror stories about it on FB though.
    So thankful your girls had a break from their reality - - - especially your policewoman! They can appreciate you taking them back to a simpler life for sure.
    Feel better soon! Crackers. Chicken soup. Rice. Baked Potato - - plain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you were able to have such a wonderful Easter with your girls. I hope you are soon feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I missed this post somehow. Sorry you were sick. No fun. I love seeing your girls. Easter looks like a fun time and the cake looks yummy! Sending my love to you all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ...my wife still hides eggs for our 40 something kids, they love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is my first time pay a visit at here and i am truly impressed to
    read all at single place.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your method of explaining all in this article is in fact good, all can simply be aware of it, Thanks
    a lot.

    ReplyDelete

You read it, now share your thoughts.