Pages

January 12, 2018

Cuties, Old Glory and still getting used to our daughter being the Popo.


Have I expressed my love for monarch caterpillars? I might even love them more than Monarch butterflies. I know, that just doesn't even make sense.
But, they're so CUTE and SWEET when they're eating or wandering around all willy nilly in search of milkweed....and I just want to pet them.


Yes, that sounds really bizarre. Please know that I really don't pet them that often.


And while I'm on the topic of things I can't see enough of....our flags. I love, love, love them so much!
 #thinblueline

And speaking of the PoPo. A few weeks ago Lolo pulled over one of Coaches softball Dads. He didn't recognize Lolo at first and she didn't recognize him until she got his License from him. They had a good laugh.....he received NO ticket, but she did give him a $$ gift card for Publix!
Did you know the police give out gift cards now?
I'm guessing this is a PR thing around the holidays.
Anyhoo....we all had a good laugh...if she ever pulls me over, I'd better get a few gift cards.

Happy Friday!
XOXO





11 comments:

  1. That is funny about the gift cards instead of a ticket! lol

    You can have the caterpillars. I have some kind of reaction to them and when I had them crawl on me as a kid it left a red itchy line wherever they crawled. I'll take the butterfly instead please.

    I hope you have a great weekend. Fondly, Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. We discovered some milkweed growing in the woods beside our house last year! We enjoyed the butterflies in the front garden very much. I love seeing flags flying too. Cute story about Lo. You better get some gift cards! Happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...I feel cheated, I've never gotten a gift card, just tickets!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you don't actually pet your caterpillars. I also like to see flags flying. A flagpole was one of the first things we added after we moved here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmmmm. I don't know about petting them but I've been nurturing milkweed and butterfly week in my prairie wildflower garden...:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi There, That is FUNNY---about pulling over someone she knows (or at least, knew after checking his ID).... Guess he was speeding or at least doing something wrong... Glad she didn't give him a ticket --but also glad that he didn't get a gift card..... He obviously didn't deserve that...

    They used to get people they wanted to catch who hadn't paid their tickets to fall for a little scheme whereas --they'd send the people a note saying that there was money in their name and that they needed to come and pick it up..... That WORKED --and the police caught all kinds of people coming in to look for that free money... Instead though, they had to pay their tickets ... ha ha ha

    Love your caterpillars and the butterflies to come.

    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Darn. I never get pulled over for gift cards.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh you are so lucky to have pet monarch caterpillars!

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh my gosh, i want to be pulled over by popo lolo! that is awesome...i got pulled over a couple of months ago and received a speeding ticket, no gift card for me :( oh well, it really was my fault...we have a flag pole too but ours has the american flag and marine corps flag...i have noticed someone with a thin blue line flag in their yard, i'll have to snap a picture! it must make you crazy with worry having her out there like that! hugs!! she's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my gosh that is amazing! We have a couple of friends who are police officers now and they keep "threatening" to pull me over if they see me. I must see if they have any gift cards to give away :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those are very handsome catepillars. I wish I had an "in" with the police department so I'd get gift cards instead of a ticket!

    ReplyDelete

You read it, now share your thoughts.