Pages

January 11, 2017

A family trip to Key {Weird} West

We took a little family vacation to celebrate Lindsay turning 21! The Coach and I were just in KW in May to celebrate our 25th, the girls surprised me by popping up, but they were only there for about 5 hours that day and didn't see much. Me? I was there for 4 days and didn't see enough, so we went back for round two.
We rented a cute little house just off of Duval street. (the main drag downtown)
It was hawwtt for the first few days and then a cold front came in and make me shiver once. or thrice.

We had lovely meals, several cocktails and lots of walking. The Coach went fishing one morning and caught a slew of unsuspecting victims. (all were given back to the sea) The girls and I went to the spa one morning and I let them experience massages. (they LOVED them)

*note the random iguana in this tree in someone's front yard. They were everywhere....just like the chickens and roosters.

It was a great weekend spent with my people who I don't get to see as much as I'd love to.
Lolo graduates from the Police Academy next month and who knows what her working schedule will be.....she'll be a full-fledged adult. She has her own insurance, she finally knows her SS# by heart and she makes her own Doctors appointments now. *sigh*


The Coach and his girlies. Lolo up top, the birthday girl down below.



We did a great food walking tour which was full not only great food and drinks, but really full of history and an education of the local traditions.

The girls and I spent some time at the Butterfly Conservancy ...I was in heaven! If you ever get to KW, you must go visit this place; it's amazing. I'll not mention names though, but *someone* kept getting freaked out by all the things flying around her head and I could not stop giggling.

The house had a slew of games and puzzles. Lolo started this butterfly puzzle our first night.....I never thought she'd finish it. I helped her. I mean, I spent 10 minutes trying to help and ONLY found ONE piece to fit.


Cut to 2:30 the morning before we were to leave....I went to the kitchen for a drink and found her still working on it! When I woke up in the morning, it was DONE. She did the entire thing herself. That kid has some patience.

It was a great weekend making memories with my favorites.
Have any of you been to Key West lately? Did you enjoy it as much as we did?



13 comments:

  1. I'm glad you had a great time in Key West. The puzzle Lolo put together was not an easy one. Key West is on our bucket list, but I have no idea when we will make it there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun pictures. I've never been to KW! I do love butterflies, so thanks for sharing about the conservancy and I love the puzzle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We went to Key West for the first time about 6 years and have always wanted to go back. We went to the Butterfly Conservatory on the recommendation from friends...and yes, it is definitely a MUST SEE/DO for anyone visiting the area...it's just fascinating!!! The conch fritters are pretty tasty too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't been since having kids but I sure do love going there in January. What a treat! The puzzle is impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, my son and daughter-in-law went, but I haven't been. I saw all the pictures and heard all the stories. Does that count? I didn't think so. What a fun way to spend a birthday, though! I would have stayed up with Lolo and helped her with that puzzle. One of my favorite pastimes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, and Happy Birthday to Lindsay!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now that sounds blissful & fun,fun,fun! I've not been to KW, Naples was as far south of
    Orlando as I've visited a long time ago with hubby.
    You have two wonderful daughters & it was great you all got to share this time together!
    Best wishes for 2017!
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  8. Greetings, Suz,
    I always enjoy seeing photos with you and your girls. Enjoy the time you have together! Have a marvelous Monday. Take care, ~Natalie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sweet family photos. What fun you all must have had.

    ReplyDelete
  10. We went to Key West several years ago in August! We were newbies to Florida and didn't think about going even further south in the hottest part of summer. Good thing there are misting fans and plenty of icy beverages to cool one down. I wanted to go to the butterfly house but didn't get to so that is definitely something for our next (hopefully cooler) trip! Looks like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am not a lover of puzzles...kudos for sticking it out and finishing it. It's so pretty! : ) I am the type that walks past, puts in one piece and then I feel like I have done my part in the whole operation. #only999togo. Sounds like a nice trip for you and great you could spend it with all your people. We have shivered a few times here too. I'm not a winter girl so I have had about enough. lol

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great vacation with your girls... They all grow up so fast ---and there will come a time when you may not get vacations like this.. Sad but true... SO---do it as much as you can NOW!!!!

    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  13. This weekend sounds like my idea of perfection, including the puzzle! And I can't believe how grown up your girls are getting. You make me think I should do an update on my "babies".

    ReplyDelete

You read it, now share your thoughts.