Pages

July 31, 2015

TGIF~Hitting the big 30 and seeing my not-so-secret boyfriend.

Tomorrow,  August 1st marks a momentous date in history; my history, Coach's history, your history. The worlds history.
Ok, maybe not the ENTIRE world, but most of it. 
It was 30 years ago tomorrow that I was asked (kinda last minute) to join some friends for a Robert Plant concert; one guy had an extra ticket and no date.
Me? "Sure"
I figured if he was a dud, I had two girlfriends with me. 

When the carload of peeps picked me up I realized that I've seen this guy a few times, but didn't know his name. Actually, I'd been to a party at his apartment....but still didn't know his name until now.
What can I say, it was the 80's, I was a mere 17 it didn't always pay for me to pay attention. 
We had a great time; I recall the entire drive back home we were liplocked. 
Hey, I'm not easy, but I like kissing!

The rest is history people. A dud he was NOT. 
Now, had this happened this day in age, there would be photographic evidence of the date. 
BUT, we don't actually have a photo of us together until Halloween. 
Halloween 1985
Our first actual photo and I look like a hooker. Oh well, he forgot to put on a shirt, so we're a match made in heaven. 
It only took me a few minutes to realize that he was nothing like the toads I'd previously locked lips with. 
I might have dressed like a hooker, but I was smart enough to know a good guy when I saw one. 

***
It's no secret that I also share my heart with Dave Matthews. 
Of course, Dave Matthews does not know this, but the Coach does. He's always been supportive of my secret relationship with Dave and even encourages us to see each other once a year. I know. He's a fantastic husband. So, this Saturday, on the anniversary of our first date, we're having a little rendezvous with Dave. Just don't tell Dave's wife.  
Truth be told, he's nothing compared to my Coach. But I don't want to hurt his feelings after all the years that we've been secretly NOT dating each other. 

I'm sure you're wondering if I've ever locked lips with Dave.
Well, honestly NO.
There's this little obstacle called a RESTRAINING order. 

Anyhoo....who can deny that the Coach and I go together like peanut butter and jelly, rice and beans, like fine wine and smelly cheese, like pork chops and applesauce. 
I could go on and on....but you get the gist of this.
April 2015. My Mom's favorite photo of the two of us. 
Wishing you all a fabulous weekend with those who you love; whether they know it yet or not. 
XOXO


17 comments:

  1. Aww, you two are just perfect together. Happy 30th first date! :-) Enjoy your weekend and have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the cutest thing ever. The first pic cracks me up..and I agree with your sweet mama, the recent pic is very sweet. It just oozes lovies. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you have a wonderful weekend with both of the men in your life. I really like the story of your first date.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a wonderful time. You two are the cutest - then and now! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy thirtieth of sorts! Very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a great picture of a great couple! I love your love for each other. We are blessed indeed when we get to "do life" with someone whose company we enjoy!!! Happy Celebrating!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Finding the right partner makes all the difference. And you definitely found the right partner.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love that picture! It's so perfectly 80s!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. 30 is a very big number, congrats :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aw. Both of you were sure cute 30 years ago, and you still are. Both old an recent pics are sweet. Isn't it great to have so many years of memories to share? We're at 42 and counting from our first date.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm envious of your relationship with your husband. I wish everyday I had something like that! Congrats!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aw, sorry I missed the big day. :( Hope you enjoyed the hell out of it!

    You two look exactly the same now as you did 30 years ago. I hate you....


    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  13. One burning question. What WERE you dressed for on Halloween?

    You two look the same...just like kibble and bits!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Dating Anniversary. I didn't realize that I was sharing Dave with you all these years! We have such good taste in secret boyfriends. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. That picture. Oh.my.lanta. You're a hoot. It will be 38 years in October since I met my forever love. I was only 14 at the time. We at least waiting three years before we got married. ;) No hooker pictures for me, but mercy that's a great story you have there.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my gosh, I adore that your first picture together is at a Halloween party! Adorable. Happy Anniversary to you!

    ReplyDelete

You read it, now share your thoughts.