Pages

May 15, 2015

She LIVES!

Who lives?
ME!
Me, I live. Suzanne lives!
Yes, I'm still alive, just not in the blogger world though; in real life. Did you know there is real life and blogger life? I just figured it out myself.
So....how are you? What's going on?
You're going on a trip? You've painted the kitchen? Your child colored the bathroom walls with sharpies? Your dog had the nerve to do what?
Oh.....wow. 
Me? I've been busy living life. Which is wayyyyyy better than the alternative. 


My Mom is getting on with her chemo treatments. She's had many, many hiccups, speed bumps, hurdles, but she is persevering as the wonder woman that she is. Hey, any woman who can create a human like me is a super hero.
Suz and Bev celebrating Bev's birthday in April.
Soon, she'll be done with the first 1/2 of her chemo treatments and will go in for some major surgery to have many of her parts removed. Then she'll recover for a few weeks (under my super duper fabulous care) then 9 more weeks of chemo. 
The good news is that super duper nasty chemo stuff that causes soooooooo many issues is actually doing what it's supposed to do; killing those cancer cells. 
And that is the best news ever. EVER.

I'm home now for a while. I was able to visit with both girls on Mother's day and that was stupendous. 
 So many things have happened since I've not been updating the ole blog. For one thing, The Coach and I are now empty nesters. Yes. It shocked me as well. Lolo has moved out (although not officially, but she's never here even though a lot of her items are) Linds is going to school year round.
The Coach and I are enjoying this transition. (Don't tell the girls!) I never thought we'd get here or that I wouldn't go into a depression about it. 
LIFE IS GOOD!!!

We are off to spend the week with good friends at a fabulous beach house. 
The girls will make a few appearances between work and school. 
 I've packed my sunscreen, but not my FUNscreen.
 {That joke never gets old for me!!}
Hey, make today and every day ridiculously amazing.
I'm hoping to have decent wi-fi this week so I can catch up with many of you.

Have a great weekend!!!!

XOXOXOXO


24 comments:

  1. Thanks for the updates. Saying many prayers and sending love to your dear Mom. Hope you and Coach have a lovely week.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy to hear the chemo treatments are working!! Wishing your mom the best of luck for her surgeries and the remaining treatments.
    Our school year is almost over and then we'll have a 12th and a 10th grader! Gah... I still can't believe it sometimes, but it's all good. :-) Have a fabulous time with your friends this weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so glad things are good! glad your mom's fighting hard and the meds are working! yay for your grown-up girls, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've not blogged in a while with the move and I didn't know your mother was facing chemo and all this stuff. Sounds like you both have a great attitude. It's amazing what the mind and spirit can do when it has to. Thinking of you and prayers for your mom. Will drop by and try to keep up with you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice to know that your mother is making it through the maze of chemo and that it's working. Still sending positive good wishes to her and to all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to hear your mom is hanging in there! Also glad to hear you are enjoying life as an empty nester!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad to hear that your mom is doing as well as she can! Also nice to know that she has a loving daughter to care for her.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad to hear your mom is hanging in there! Also glad to hear you are enjoying life as an empty nester!

    ReplyDelete
  9. best wishes to ALL of you and your fam!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great pic of three stupendous women celebrating "your" day on the calendar! So sorry your mom has to go through all the treatments but very thankful they are being effective.
    Yes, we LOVE being empty nesters, too. We love our kids bunches but enjoy them being in their own places more. And a week and a half more of work weeks, I will be done babysitting for the summer and hope to update again then - - - - after 10 months!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm glad to hear that your Mom is doing well. I'm also glad you've discovered a real life as well as a blog life. I hope you and Coach enjoy being empty-nesters as much as we do. Have a great time at the beach.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm so glad that your mama's treatment is going well! Hooray for effective chemo! A big raspberry to the side effects, but HOORAY for wiping out cancer. She is so blessed to have YOU as her caregiver. One piece of (unsolicited) advice: take it easy on the jokes while she's recovering from surgery. Laughter IS the best medicine, and I know how funny you are, but sometimes laughing makes an incision hurt, so go easy on her during the first few days!
    Enjoy your time at the beach. That's where lots of the best stuff happens! xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm loving this part of my life! After all of those years of not having time for me & CH, we're FREE!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I will pray for your Mama every day.

    I always thought I would go into severe depression when Kaish left for college, but then high school happened...and now I think I will be just fine. 😉

    ReplyDelete
  15. Bless your heart. I think of you often --and pray for your MOM. Great picture of her... She's an amazing woman for sure... I'm positive that she will BEAT that horrible disease...

    Hope you enjoyed (or are enjoying) your week at the beach house. I saw some of your pictures on FB...
    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh Suz, I am so sorry to hear about your mama. She is in my prayers {and you too!!} Cancer SUCKS!!!! I hate it so much!!! In other news, you look fabulous! And your girls are so beautiful. As I watch my girly girls grow, I get sad thinking that I will not be able to handle not having a tiny around. But then I have to remind myself that every stage can be wonderful. Jeremy and I will have more time together. And, my girls and I will be able to all do more things together that the littles just can't always participate in right now. At least, that's what I tell myself so that I don't hyperventilate. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I think my comment failed to deliver to you, so I'm going to try again :) Suz, I am so so sorry to hear about your mama. I'm sending big prayers up for her {and you!}. I hate cancer so much :(

    In other news, you look amazing, and your girls are beautiful! I get so sad thinking about my girls growing up, but I remind myself that there are so many wonderful things we'll be able to do together as they get older {and more time for Jeremy and myself too!}. At least, that's what I keep telling myself so that I don't hyperventilate!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for updating. I've been thinking about you and your mom and sending only good, awesome healing vibes her way. Glad you get to have some beach time. I'll be happy to move into one of your newly freed up rooms. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hey, Sista! Glad to hear things are going well. The girls are as gorgeous as ever! As is their mama!

    I think I may owe you an email....

    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh bless your heart. I get how busy we can get with your Mom, home and life. My life's been pretty upside down lately too.
    My thoughts are with you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hoping your mom has quick healing from the surgery. Thinking of you both!

    ReplyDelete
  22. i am so glad to see an update from you and so happy about the news of your mom...may she continue to improve!! ok, why am i not understanding the sunscreen joke? i'm trying hard to get it haha...enjoy your trip to the beach!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I'm glad to hear that the chemo is doing its job. Your sense of humor never fails you, and that is indeed a gift.
    Empty nest? We've had one for 15 years now, and it's great! Our child raising job is done and now we can enjoy freedom and play with the grandkids when it suits us.

    ReplyDelete

You read it, now share your thoughts.