Pages

March 25, 2015

The News isn't always so joyful.



I hate to share 'not fun' news, but sometimes that is what we have.
Last week my Mom was finally given an answer to her health issues; ovarian cancer.
Yeah. That pretty much sucks rotten clams.

She has a great attitude. 
The kicker is that she had a hysterectomy at age 40 and the (%$#$!!!) Dr. only took one of her ovaries; she was under the impression that both were to be taken....she was mad at him at the time. Imagine how she feels about him now.
My mom is sweet as heck southern woman with lovely manners....but I'd hate to hear what she would say to that man right now.  
We're only thinking positive thoughts. ONLY.

She's in the hospital now and will start chemo today.
Not exactly sure of the protocol; there was also mention of surgery.
I'm flying up there today.

In case you didn't know this, my Mom is the bomb.com. 

I declared earlier this week that I'm going to have my ovaries removed.
They're taking up prime real estate and I've NO need for them anymore. THEN, I saw on the news that Angelina Jolie is having hers removed. 
Trend Setter WHO?? Trend setter Suz.

If you recall, I had that BRCA test last June and it was negative, but I'm still going to seriously talk with my Dr. about this.

Anyhoo....positive thoughts, prayers, good mojo and whatever else you can come up with would be great.
Anyone proficient at Indian healing dances? If so, please record that for my viewing pleasure.

XOXOXO


24 comments:

  1. Oh My---I am so sorry to hear this, Suz... I know you do a good job at staying positive and I'm sure your Mom does also... Being positive is in your genes.... SO---keep those happy thoughts coming!!!!! God Bless... Prayers for your Mom and for YOU...

    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. since i know you are checking this bev, i am sending all kinds of love and prayers your way. i hate this news... but i believe in miracles and am praying for you to be healed on earth. i am so glad suz is on her way to you... and if anyone can cheer up a room, it is her. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh so sorry to hear the sad news. I will be thinking of all of you as you face this uncertain future together. Blessings to your mom. I'll be thinking special positive thoughts for her recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh, gosh. i'd be flipping FURIOUS. i'd have a hard time setting my anger aside and dealing with the treatments, etc. bless her!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sending my love and prayers. Please update us when you have time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Suz, I am so so sorry to hear this!! I'm sending lots of positive thoughts her way. Your way,too!! I would be furious with the doctor right now and I hope there are steps your mom can take dealing with this. I had a complete hysterectomy a few years ago and it was a decision I never regretted. Go talk to your doctor, hopefully he'll be able to give you some good info!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so sorry to hear this! sending out only the best, most positive, most loving, most cancer bashing thoughts I can find. Sending them right to you and your awesome mom. xoxo to you both!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, Suz....

    I'm so sorry. I don't know if you remember, my mom had ovarian cancer. I will be keeping your mom, and you, in my prayers.

    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh no....you have had such a difficult time lately, best wishes for hanging in there yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I feel like I know your Mum. Cheers Bev. Suz will make you feel better. Thinking of you xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Can I just hit 'like' on what Dawn said? How about 'love'? So true. I am praying for you too. Hugs and love to both of you sweet ladies.

    ReplyDelete
  12. We'll definitely keep your Mom (and your whole family) in our prayers. A good attitude can do wonders when fighting cancer. Since she's related to you, I'm hopeful that she will beat this thing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Much love to you and your Mom! Sending some very powerful healing vibes her way!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So sorry to hear of this news. Sending positive thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Positive thoughts, prayers and good mojo heading your way. I wish your mom nothing but the best.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thinking of you and Beverly. If you need help with insurance issues or looking at treatment protocols at all, please reach out. Will keep the positive energy flowing in your direction.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh darn it all! Things will be okay! I have positive feelings about this! You just stay positive to help your Mom! My prayers are with you!

    ReplyDelete
  18. oh i am so very sorry about the news...your mom is in my prayers..sending hugs to you both

    ReplyDelete
  19. Postive thoughts, prayers and good juju coming your way!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sending you love, hugs and prayers. To you and your Mama.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I would do a healing dance for your mom if I could. I'm so sorry you both have to deal with the long haul of surgery, chemo, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Dearest Suz, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family, especially with your mom. I am sending much love and solidarity to you. xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  23. Just stopping by to let you know I'm thinking about you. Hope you and your Mom are having in there

    ReplyDelete

You read it, now share your thoughts.