Pages

January 26, 2015

Surprise surprise surprise!

Don't you love a good surprise?
Wait, what about a funny one?

The Coach was in Vegas last week for work stuff; he came home late Friday night.
You know how they say "what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas"? 
Well, not so much. The Coach brought home a cold virus and a polka dotted thong in his suitcase.
What?
He pulled the undies out of the outside zipper pocket and said: 
"Are these yours?"
Me laughing: "Noooooooo"
Coach: "Well, they're not mine"

The thought of him wearing size XS polka dotted undies made me laugh again.
It only took a minute to realize that one of the girls had used that suitcase over the summer.

Thank goodness I'm not one of those paranoid, overreacting, jealous women. You know, that right there could make a girl end up on that show Snapped. 


On Sunday I weeded the garden and fed my plants some yummy compost and I found several surprises!
 None of which were the photobombing cat.
Eggplants!!!

I can hardly wait to make some eggplant parm!



When I titled this post, I immediately thought of my favorite goofy guy from back in the day. Who is old enough to remember sweet, gullible Gomer Pyle?



I hope you all had a nice weekend; minus any illnesses or misplaced underthingys. 

15 comments:

  1. ha, that is hilarious! glad you are level headed, i'm sure coach is appreciative too! those little baby eggplants look so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i definitely thought of gomer when i saw your title. :) funny about the undies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too funny about the thong! You are one gardening fool...I'm jealous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, another women may have had a meltdown over the undies... :-) I'm a little bit jealous of all your garden goodness, it is so dreary and "brown" here right now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well gol...lee. I sure do remember Gomer and still watch Andy Griffin reruns almost every day.

    So green with envy that you have a garden here in the dead of winter. Love the eggplant.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yep, Gomer and his cousin Goober :) EGGPLANTS! Sunshine and green? Do I have to tell you we are up to our asses in snow? :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. There is a big field of eggplants on my drive to the highway. Just last week I finally noticed the big purple bulbs weighing down the stalks. I am very envious of your garden!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm old enough! And those eggplants are the cutest little things!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love Gomer Pyle!
    ha ha, re: the thong! life's too short to be jealous and irrational.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your garden makes me so jealous. We went out and did the pre-weeding in mine yesterday while I enjoyed seventy-seven (!!!) lovely degrees. Got to enjoy that while it lasts, because in January, it's very short lived. : ) Funny on the undies. My jaw would have dropped to the floor! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  11. You know I'm mad your garden looks so awesome! I'm coveting those eggplant.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The thong in the suitcase?? That could have been ugly. He's lucky you're very understanding. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOL Those undies story really could have gone the other way!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very great post. I simply stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed browsing your weblog posts. After all I’ll be subscribing on your feed and I am hoping you write again very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I hope the Coach is feeling better soon, and that no one else catches that virus!
    Those mystery undies could have caused havoc in a different household! Glad you are such a cool-headed wife, Suz!
    When you showed that kitty in your garden photo with the word "Surprise," my mind went straight to the litterbox. Glad it wasn't THAT kind of surprise!
    Eggplant parm = YUMMYness. Please post photos of your process and the finished product. XO

    ReplyDelete

You read it, now share your thoughts.