Pages

October 18, 2009

L is for…

Laughing.

This is my favorite sport/past time/hobby.

I admit, I have been criticized for my laugh. It is a bit on the ‘cackling’ side. It is a bit loud.

I apologize. But if this is my crime. I will do my time. I can’t control it.

I was spanked many times in school for my uncontrollable laugh. Yes, I am a horrible person, because I laugh.

Put that on my PERMANENT RECORD MR. Principal.VIPs_

Did you know that laughing burns calories???? It does. Seriously, I should be stick skinny right now if that were scientifically accurate.

I have noticed that everyone in my family has their own laugh.

I love them all.

August 2007 117

I love the loud, full mouth open laugh. August 2007 132

I love the mouth closed, almost silent laugh.

I love the snorting/giggling laugh. August 2007 123

Have you ever seen the ‘mouth wide open, and I will bite your face off laugh’?

I have mastered this one too.

I even love the almost silent, but body is shaking to the nth degree laugh.

I love the laugh that causes a person to shake so much, and if they are holding a baby, you have to shout out to them: “Don’t shake the baby!”

Of course, babies should learn early on…laughing is not only good medicine,

it is the elixir of life. P1020871

All laughs all great. They all bring me joy. They all make me laugh.

DSCN4374

Sometimes my girls ask me: why do you laugh so much?

My reply: If I were not laughing, then I would be crying.

Have you laughed today?

What the hey are you waiting for?

To see how others used the L word today visit: A-Z mondays!

28 comments:

  1. LOVE THIS!!! :) wonderful post! Today me and Aidyn were laughing so hard for no reason at all. In fact I got a video (I video/snap pictures of everything having to do with this boy!) of him being crazy with laughter today too! My whole soul is warmed when I see him laugh, and I cant help but laugh as well..

    p.s. you and my mom have lots in common :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Suz.... Your pictures made me LAUGH also.... I love to laugh --and do it often. You and I could have a laughing contest --and we'd probably TIE.

    But--like you, I can cry at the drop of a hat also. Guess I'm really a Drama Queen....

    Cute post and great "L" word.
    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great philosophy. And you're great at spreading laughter -- I was grinning from ear to ear when I finished reading this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post!! You make me laugh on a daily basis! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love to laugh and I know it's good medicine. Unfornately, it takes a lot to make me laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I get such a kick out of those pictures of you with your mouth open laughing your head off. It reminds me of what my grandmother would say, "watch out you'll be catching flies".

    ReplyDelete
  7. i am a laughing lesbian looking lovely laughing loudly loving proudly!

    great post!

    c

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great L post Suz. I can remember getting tickled in church and of course could not stop snickering. Sometimes when I get together with a group of old girlfriends, my face actually gets sore from all the laughs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. My mother once asked me if I took anything seriously, and I answered, "Umm. No." It's a philosophy that works for me.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So true! We love to laugh at our house. Sometimes my daughter will ask my husband and I "what's wrong with you people?" (otherwise known as 'mom and dad can still crack each other up')... which is a pretty high compliment coming from a high schooler!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This post made my morning!! You are absolutely PRECIOUS!! I'm known for my laugh, also!! I don't know what I would do without laughter - LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those pictures of you laughing made me laugh!! Your poor hubby going in for a kiss with you open-mouth laughing in his face ;) I must say, you didn't mention my type of laugh....I'm the one who snorts about a second after everyone else is done laughing, and then cracks them all up again :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh, you are one of my very favorite laughing buddies.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You nailed laughing perfectly with your pictures! Great post!
    P.S.- Your boxers are so cute in the previous post.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Seeing you laugh Suz makes me want to laugh right along with you! (The hubby says I have the evil ha,ha laugh!)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am a loud laugher too. And I have a tendency to snort. It is all very ladylike;)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Who else could do a laughter post like you?

    ReplyDelete
  18. you are too adorable. I laugh a lot too - but when I drink beer during allergy season and laugh - I get wicked hiccups and an asthma attack. Most of the times it's well worth it! When I'm not depressed, I'm laughing on the inside 24/7 :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. It really is the best medicine!
    (love the pics!!)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I think it is wonderful to laugh, keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  21. The best thing about laughter? It's totally contagious.

    What other contagious thing is GOOD for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. YES sweetie, I just got done laughing at all those adorable photos of you in laugh-mode!! I'm with you...best medicine...years ago, when I thought I didn't have anything but tears left in my life, I'd go to a comedy club and yuk it up! BC it was all that kept me going. Thanks for the laffs today! Blessings on your head.x-c

    ReplyDelete
  23. .... your laugh is infectious and I should know! You've been making ME laugh since 1982! LOVE you and love your laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  24. We all need a laugh - or several, actually - and you sure provided a collection of 'em!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Happy Monday Suz! :D
    I love to see congatious laughter happen.... since I usually laugh at my own jokes. ha

    ReplyDelete
  26. This is one of the many reasons that I like you so much - you make me laugh, too. So glad that we agree on these important matters! XO

    ReplyDelete
  27. What a great post.

    Brilliant.

    And you know what else is brilliant?

    Your ultra cool and SEXY black outfit in the last picture. I LOVE your shoes. You look FAB!

    ReplyDelete

You read it, now share your thoughts.